The Day After

Clara woke up the next morning freezing, and with what felt like the world's worst hangover. Except she didn't remember drinking anything,  she was in  The Doctor's room, and The Doctor was sound asleep on the floor next to the way to big, very comfortable bed on which she was currently sitting. She couldn't exactly remember getting here, except that she was almost frozen and then running from Angels inside the TARDIS. Clara could hear The Doctor stirring next to her on the floor.  She smiled, although she couldn't figure out why.

          "Good morning, Clara," The Doctor said, making Clara jump. She almost forgot he was there.

          "Good morning, Doctor.  Hey, sorry that you had to sleep on the floor last night. You could've slept up here. It's certainly big enough," Clara said smiling, motioning for him to join her on the bed.

          The Doctor got up slowly and stretched out all of his limbs before jumping up and diving onto the bed, landing right next to Clara. They both laughed and then got awkwardly silent. 

         Why is it so awkward? It was fun. He can't possibly know what I've been thinking about him a little bit these past few days. But, he is an alien...who knows what else he can do?  Clara mused to herself.  The Doctor seemed to be deep in thought over where he was seated. Is he thinking about me? Of course not! He's a freaking alien with Weeping Angels on his ship! Clara was silently scolding herself while The Doctor was having a eureka moment.

         "Clara! Clara! Clara! The Weeping Angels only could have gotten in two ways: through the door, or through the TARDIS interface. I'm pretty sure we didn't leave the door open, so it had to be the interface. She stores pictures of evey being that she encounters! Amy and I ran into Weeping Angels multiple times," The Doctor remembered, sadly, "and when we did, they were on camera, and they materialized out of the screen. That's gotta be it. I can't think of anything else. What do you think?"

        "I guess it's a possibility,  except why would that shut down the TARDIS?  Unless they drained her energy materializing! " Clara finished, excitment in her voice.  She liked it when she figured stuff out before The Doctor. "Doctor,  do you think because we waited to kill them that now their strong? I mean, they've had time to regain their energy..."

          "Dammit, you're probably right. Okay well the TARDIS is probably getting rid of them," he said, scanning the box with his Sonic Screwdriver, "well she says she is. Whether or not she's succeeding,  there's no way to know until she fails. So in the meantime we have to stay in here . There's a bathroom over there, and looks like she connected a kitchen to here, and gave you clothes," The Doctor said getting up and looking around. "So I think we're pretty much set," he said, grabbing her hand. "Clara! Your hand is freezing!"

           "Doctor it's probably just really mild hypothermia. Thanks for saving me again. And for letting me sleep in your room. And for the clothes, and the food, and the Wednesdays,  and the adventures. I am eternally in your debt for all of this," she said smiling.

           "You've saved me over and over again. You jumped into my time stream.  You'll be saving me forever. It's the least I could do. I would do anything for my Impossible Girl," he said, smiling back, wearily thinking about everything he just said. He knew she didn't think of him that way.  Plus, it could never work. But, he pulled her into a hug anyway, kissed he top of her forehead and pushed down his feelings. She would never know. He would see to that.

Heyo! It's me again. Please vote, review, and comment! And if you're just feeling really generous and awesome, tell your friends. It would be pretty amazing. I know the chapters are a bit short, but I update a lot so I think it makes up for it? Let me know! I'm up to ten reads, so woo hoo, keep on reading guys! Thanks!