Arrival To Sanctuary

The plane breathes sketchy vibes. A man that sits in the middle of the plane looks in every direction as if the his drug dealer is waiting for the cash he's missing. A woman holding a baby twitched every so often, softly humming a tune to a screeching child. An then there was us. Sitting in the corner of the flight well the rest of the flight is sleeping. I sighed and put my headphones back in and looked for an interesting song.
            I smiled as I looked at 'You are My Sunshine' from so long ago. But I end up putting on 'I don't want to set the World on Fire' by the Ink Spots. I sing to it a bit. "I don't want to set the World on fire" I whisper under my breath. I turn to Absenth's Sleeping form. It's just me and her against the world.
         She wasn't born in a hospital like most, she was born in her shit shack of a home. No birth certificate. She technically not even a legal person. She stole most of 'her' Identification. Her father was a rapist and a murder. He was executed before her birth. Me and her pretty much raised each other. We lived on a reservation in Cali.
We Natives are trustfund babies. But we grew up extremely poor none the less. I frown, I Can't get the trust fund money until I graduate highschool. There is over $50,000 in my trust fund and is still growing. It will grow until I finally get it. I look down at my phone. 5:00 A.M.
We are almost there. Almost there. With that like a trance in my head I fall in to the soft embrace of sleep.

"Wake up bitch." I open my eyes only to see Absenth staring at me with amusement evident in her eyes. "You mumble in your sleep." She state's matter-of-factly with a smug grin. I push her away and see the patrons of the plane have already got off the attendants waiting for us to get off. I glare at Absenth for not informing me that we were the last of the people on board.We grab our luggage as fast as possible and hurry off the plane. We head to our 'New' car.
It looks exactly the same as our last truck but with fewer scrapes and bangs. We got it from one of my friends on the reservation in Cali. He has hook ups here. Absenth pulls out the keys that were mailed to Cali from here and threw them at me. "You can drive I'm to jet lagged for that shit." Her hand set on her temples rubbing in circles to relive the pain from the air travel.
We put our stuff in the back seats. A tight fit but a fit none the less. I feel jittery. A new town, new school, no one to take my money and no one to tell me what to do. I sound like a 12 year old on her first sleep over. I look over at Absenth and ask directions. She leads us to a cozy 2 story house with a garage, attic and a basement.
         I smile, Wow this is our house. We own it. I laugh, Absenth looks at me curiously "It's ours, not our parent's not a friends, ours." She looks at me and grins. "This house is going to be a memory bank a place to look and breathe freely. And that's how it's going to stay." She sticks out a hand and I shake it. I made a pact and don't intend to go back on it.
We get out of the truck. And walk into our new home. The interior of the house wasn't what I expected. A little dirty, White walls, and A chandelier? I turn to the left.
It hung above the kitchen table crystals in the shape of tear drops seemed to mold to the light bulbs that were barely noticeable. Beauty in its finest. The main door lead to a open area that has the living room on the right and the dining room on left. The stairs were in the hall in front of us. We stumble to the top with our luggage. On ethier side was a room, I immediately raced to the one on the left.
Hoping my first one first serve tactics come in handy. I open the door to find a a queen sized bed with black sheets and a dark grey covet. The white carpet covers the wood floors but the occasional creaks are inescapable. I turn to the right to find a desk with a roller chair. Above that were book shelves that lined the walls. My window faced the front of the house.
The closet That sat beside it was big enough for my clothing and more. A lot more.
I sigh with satisfaction. The lamp by the bed was the only source of light the room had. I love the dark. The light never appealed to me the way darkness does.
The bathroom was a different story. The tile floor was dark blue, and the walls a charcoal grey. The bathroom has a drain directly in the center of the room, and the showerhead just above that. The settings for the showerhead was right next to the doorway. And the toilet sat in the far right corner of the bathroom. And the sink and mirror cabinet stood on the opposite side of the entrance. Connected directly to the wall.
        I shuffle out of the bathroom. I sit on my bed and did something I haven't done in a long time. I screamed so loud I'm surprised the window didn't break. Absenth ran into my room and asked what was wrong.
"I have the best room known to man." I say being dead serious. She rolls her eyes, "Whatever my room is way better and less edgy emo teenager." She smirks trying to one up me.
But nothing can tamper my mood, "Leave me peasant or thou shall perish if thou basks in thy presents any longer."
She rolls her eyes at my accent and dramatic poses. "Well Thy better get there ass downstairs when I call you for dinner got it?" She says with her hands on her hips.
I looked at my room and said with a grin, "Whatever you say Evey." I smiled when she slammed her fist into my shoulder. She stomped out of my room and downstairs. I could hear her on the phone with take out for dinner. Schools starts in two days. Sanctuary high can't be as bad as Phs. Right?