A Scorpio's Diary

Scorpio:

Any of various arachnids of the order Scorpionida, of warm dry regions, having a segmented body and an erectile tail tipped with a venomous sting. Key characteristics : Secretive, passionate, resolute, insensitive, steadfast, painstaking and stubborn.

A negative Scorpio is a "malcontent": a person who constantly feels attacked and misunderstood. Ironic and sarcastic, saying the opposite of what they mean, they are of course misunderstood.

Negative Scorpio stews for years over a slight or becomes an embittered crank believing he or she has achieved greatness the world is too stupid to recognize. And negative Scorpio, like Aries, thinks anger is a strength when it is a weakness.

You are not afraid of the dark side, even though you seek the light. This is why Scorpio has three totems - the scorpion, the lizard and the phoenix.

~ The scorpion is the most vengeful and dangerous part of your nature. If you're operating on that level, you'll be constantly seeking to hurt others with your power. This is, of course, something to avoid.

~ The lizard represents the class of scorpions who hide from life and never quite achieve the full measure of their power. They sometimes seek self-destructive outlets such as drugs or even criminal activities to satisfy their obsessive nature.

~ If you aspire to the best that Scorpio has to offer, you'll be the phoenix, which rises out of the ashes. This transformative totem indicates that you have to burn your lower nature to allow the most splendid parts of your nature to live and grow. Fortunately, most Scorpios lean towards the phoenix.

Three Classes Of Scorpio

~ October 24 - November 2

Born between the 24th October and 2nd November you are an intensely sensual character but you do have noble aspirations. Pleasure will be a focal point for you and in your earlier life you may spend a lot of time exploring the sexual part of your personality.

~ November 3 - 11

Being born between the 3rd and 11th November makes you more idealistic and spiritual by nature. You have a strong leaning towards understanding the meaning of life and delving deeply into the true nature of your being.

~ November 12 - 22

If you were born between the 12th and 22nd November you are one of the more sensitive types of Scorpio as you have strong lunar vibrations. Your challenge will be to bring your emotions under control and not be swayed by the events of life. You have a very caring and family orientated nature as well.

Star Constellation

Scorpius (Scorpius) was a giant scorpion sent by the earth-goddess Gaia to slay the giant Orion when he threatened to kill all the beasts of the earth. The Scorpion stung Orion on the heel (marked by the star Rigel, beta Orion) and killed him. These two opponents Orion and the Scorpion were placed amongst the stars as their namesake constellations, but are positioned on opposite sides of the sky, one sets as the other rises. The Scorpion rises as Orion starts to sink into the other side of the sky, and this was seen as Orion running away from the attacker, and still in fear of him.

~~~~~~~

 The Scorpion symbolizes the Scorpio, and that is no accident. Much like the Scorpion would rather kill itself than to be killed, those born under this sign are in ultimate control of thier destiny. It is life on the Scorpion's terms,too, since these folks promote thier agenda (they are quite the executives) and see to it that things go forward. Othes may find this overbearing (it can be) and even self-destructive, but that's the beauty of the Scorpio.