How to Get Over Breakup?

Recently, my boyfriend broke up with me. I had some real feelings for him, and we had been going out for a year and a half and know each other a year longer than that. I remember the first time we kissed...but when we broke up he called me a fat, ugly b!tch. How do I get over him?

_MisMatched_

Dear _MisMatched_

I know the feeling. The truth is, after a while, feelings change from crushing to true feelings. These feelings aren't usually foiled by just a breakup, but can be when they dare to insult their newfound ex. Here's how to get over it:

1.) Take a day to get it out. Cry, kick, scream, and throw darts at his picture; whatever you want. Just remember, you only have one day to get it all out.

2.) Get rid of it. Throw out everything he gave you. That means the love notes, the pictures, and give back the sweatshirt he lent you. Better yet, leave it in his locker.

3.) Move on. This doesn't mean find another guy, even though you can if you want. But don't continue to live in the past, and continue to go back and replay the breakup. It's actually a fact that you look more attractive when you're not plagued with boy problems.

So cry, throw out everything, and move on. Voila! Make sure to have some Y-O-U time and you'll be over him in no time. Hope this helps!

Xoxo,

Kat