Chapter Ten

You breathed softly with heavily lidded eyes. Your glow was flickering softly. The room echoed of the breathing machine. The door opened earning you to slowly turn to Marco. He stepped in softly before shutting the door. You smiled reaching up to take off the breathing mask. He took your hand kissing your knuckles softly.

"Tomorrow we will be in marineford. Pops wants you to stay here until the fight is over." Marco said.

"Sure." You said.

"Do you know what's wrong with you?"

You looked to your lap. Seeing your light flicker softly.

"Oh. This. I'm just sick-"

"You can tell me anything."

"I'm dying Marco."

His eyes widened clutching onto your hand. You cupped his cheek.

"My life spain is as long as your father is alive." You said, "He wished for a family and a loving wife. That's what he got. Many many beautiful sons. And me. Once my light goes out. I will return to the sky."

"Pops will get Ace back. Then you will be okay again."

You smiled softly, "Of course."

He smiled embracing you, you did back clutching onto his purple shirt. A tear ran down your cheek before the two of you pulled back. You kissed his forehead just before he left.

You turned to the window seeing the moon hung in the sky.

"Whatever happens tomorrow. Please take those who had fallen." You muttered.

Then began the war. You were taken into the belly of the ship. Where Newgate and you spent your final moments. He kissed your delicate hands while you cupped his cheeks.

"Whatever happens. Always know, I love you." You said.

"As do I. Please be here for when I return. We still have so much we haven't done." Newgate said.

"Like an actual wedding."

"Yeah. As soon as this war is over. You will experience an actual wedding."

"Cross your heart?"

He crossed his heart, "I promise my love."

"Good."

You kissed him softly before Marco stepped into the room. The nurses stepped in as Newgate slowly pulled away.

"I love you." You said.

"I love you too."

Tears swelled your eyes as you watched him leave. They slowly pooled down your cheeks as the nurses helped put your breathing mask back on.

"You should rest. The battle will be ugly." One nurse said.

You nodded as you shut your eyes and fell asleep. But you once awoke to the ship moving and the nurses were gone. It rumbled and cracked against the ice. You stumbled to get up and slumped to the floor. Grumbling you staggered up and swayed to the door. Once you opened it the ship came to a hard stop having you fall to the floor once more.

"What the hell?" You grunted.

Then began the wood crackling noises. Then fires began to break out. You gasped softly stumbling up to the deck. Which had caught ablaze. You coughed out the fumes of the fire. Things began to grow hazy as your eyes became heavy lidded. Then you were scooped up. You turned to Squard. You smiled cupping his cheek.

"Are you alright mama?" He asked.

You nodded, "Thank you love."

He held you close as he hopped off the ship and helped you down. Marco fluttered over to the both of you. As your eyes scanned the battlefield you noticed Newgate. Blood oozed from the gaping holes in his chest. You gasped covering your mouth. Marco helped you up.

"Take me to him." You said.

"It's too dangerou-"

"Please."

Marco transformed into his bird form and scooped you up in his talons. Newgate noticed you before Marco dropped you into his arms.

"What are you doing here? You could get killed!" He barked.

"So can you." You said.

Your eyes saw the wounds you winced biting your lips.

"Fire!"

You gasped to the sharp pain into your chest. Newgates eyes widened before he snapped. Setting you down before going after the man. Your eyes began to go heavy while the war grew more and more distant. The world seemed to glow a little bit brighter before you shut your eyes.

As you awoke you snapped your eyes open. You sat up quickly clunking heads with another. The both of you groaned clutching your heads. You turned to Newgate chuckling softly. He was back in his youth with his long golden hair.

"Damn (Y/N) warn me next time." He grunted.

You smiled sitting in his lap and embracing him.

"I thought I lost you." You sobbed softly.

"Nah. I'll always be with you."

You pulled back and smiled.

"(Y/N) where are we?"

You glanced around to the golden field the both of you were in. The grass was tall and waved softly in the wind.

"Home." You said.

"Home?" He repeated.

"This is home."

"Mama! Pops!"

You both turned to Thatch. He grinned pushing through the grass and embracing the both of you. You laughed clutching onto him when Ace pushed through. He grinned embracing the both of you as well.

Then a third pushed through. Your breath hitched as tears welled in your eyes. She had her hair pulled up into a ponytail. She smiled softly.

"Mama?"