Chapter Nine

A/N: I AM SO SO SO SO SO VERY SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!

You sat between Newgates knees as your sons stood on the other side of a railing. Marco tried to warn your weaker sons of his power. But it was too late. They began to drop like flies. Until Shanks had walked up onto the ship. You smiled softly as he stood before the two of you holding a jug of a peace offering.

"Sorry, but. I am on an enemy ship after all." He spoke.

"Just seeing your face makes that wound given by that bastard ache again." Newgate grunted.

"Newgate." You huffed.

"Ah yes. (Y/N), you look as beautiful as we met the first time." He said.

You giggled, "It's good to see you too Shanks."

"I hope you came other than to flirt with my wife."

"Sorry old friend. Can't help myself. Mind if we have a chat?"

Your sons slowly stepped away as you sat with Newgate.

"I'd like to talk about Ace." He said.

"How is he? Have you seen him?" You asked.

"Unfortunately. I have not. But I'm sure he's fine."

You sighed putting your hands between your knees.

"I want you to stop him from going after Teach."

"Teach?! He has the right to-"

"(Y/N)." Newgate grunted.

"Teach is too strong. Ace could get killed or worse."

"Ace has set his mind on this. My hands are tied."

"(Y/N), would you excuse us for a moment?" Shanks asked.

"My wife can stay if she pleases!"

"No no it's alright. Its captain to captain. I'll be inside."

You hopped off his chair before joining your sons. Marco approached you with worry in his eyes and clutched onto your shoulders.

"What's going on? Is pops gonna be okay?" He asked.

"Relax Marco. Your father is just having a chat." You spoke.

"Look."

You both turned to the sky split in two. Worry filled your being as you clutched onto your dress.

"I hope Ace is okay." You muttered.

As time went on the news of Ace being captured by impel down had brought to your attention. And it seemed you were the last to know.

"Newgate what's going on? Why is everyone running around like there head is chopped off?" You asked.

"It's Ace. He's been taken into Impel down." Newgate said.

Then something struck you. You clutched onto your chest as you slowly fell to your knees. You heard your son's calling for you. But it sounded faint. And distant. Before you slumped to the deck.

"(Y/N)." A voice whispered to you, "Your time on earth is very thin. Your husband's wish is slowly dwindling. As will you. Since, he wished upon you, your his fallen star."

You fluttered open your eyes seeing Newgate. He grinned holding your delicate hand.

"Don't scare me like that." He sighed.

You lowered the breathing mask, "Newgate.
You wished upon me. I'm your falling star."

He chuckled, "You've always been my fallen star."