Part Ten

The day seems to drag on, and you can't seem to focus on your classes. You continuously look at the ring, rereading the inscription over and over. You looks at the gem and remember those big, blue eyes looking into yours. You miss Nash so much, and you can't stop thinking about him. You suddenly hear the bell ring. Time for lunch. 

"Finally, I'm starving." you say to yourself.

*the cafeteria*

You get out your lunch box from your gym bag and search for a table to sit at. You search until you see someone waving for you to come. It's Cameron.

"Over here (y/n)!" he calls. 

You slowly walk over and sit down across from him.

"Hey." he says smiling.

"What's up?" you reply.

He looks nervous and you wonder what he's thinking.

"I was wondering if you'd want to go to the movies with me tomorrow?" he asks, biting his lip.

You freeze. You don't know what to say. What about Nash? He'll be furious! But before you can answer, he laces his hands with yours and looks into your eyes, just like Nash would.

"Umm.. sure that would be fun." you answer nervously.

*thinking to yourself*

"What am I going to do? I'll just go with him as a friend, and then everything will be fine." you calm down, and he smiles at you.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 7:00 OK?"

"Sure." you reply.

The rest of the day goes by fast, and it's 4:30 now.

*your house*

You decide to get ready to go with Cameron. You put on a floral t-shirt with skinny jeans and combat boots. You braid your hair hair and put on some make-up. You get a snack and grab your phone. It's 6:30 already! You grab your purse and go downstairs. The doorbell rings, it's him.

"Hello, ready to go?" he asks sweetly.

"Yes." you reply.

He interlocks his fingers with yours and you're on your way. You feel fine. but on the inside, you question if you've made the right decision.