CHAPTER 12: AN INCONVENIENT LIE

Start from the beginning

Marcus.

"Don't scare me like that" I scolded slapping his arm, "it's not my fault your jumpy as hell" he smirked taking the jar and opening it with ease. I snatched it away from him "show off".

His smirked widened as he opened the Doritos, we began eating the chips dipping them into the salsa both of us in a comfortable silence.

"So, you and Jughead Jones..." He trailed off.

"Go for it" I said taking a bite of my chip, he frowned at me "what?"

"Go for it" I repeated "ask me all the questions, tease me. Go for it"

"I wasn't going to tease you, ask you questions. That I'll do" he smirked eating a chip, "so how long have you guys been dating for?"

"We're not dating" I said "you mean you've got feelings for each other, but then there's the fact that you both are part of the teenager age group where they don't admit their feelings for one another. If I was you, I'd hurry up. You guys look good together"

"Since when did you start giving me relationship advice?" I smirked "since I've decided to be a better big brother" he smiled eating another chip.

"So do you like Jones" he asked meeting his eyes, I looked away from him, finding a interest in my shoes.

"So it's more than a crush"

"Yeah, I guess" I said, "Anna-" I looked up to him "just do it, tell him you like him. Easy and simple"

"Easier said than done"

"If he doesn't like you back, then he's missing out on something great" Marcus smiled, "thanks Marky" I said. "Anytime" he replied "is mom coming tonight?" I asked "I don't know, I asked and she said she'd think about it" Marcus shrugged eating more Doritos. "Hopefully she does, their playing her favourite movie" I said "The Usual Suspects?" Marcus asked, I nodded in response.

"Get her red liquorice and she will" Marcus said "red liquorice, got it"

"And extra buttered popcorn" he added "and I'm getting these because...." I trailed off, "because while your getting butter for mom, I'll be trying to avoiding Cheryl" he smirked.

"How do you know she's going?" I asked "it's Cheryl, when has she ever missed a public event"

"Good point" I said, "yep" he said popping on the 'p'

"I can't believe you guys actually dated, there's just a really, really big difference between you guys" I said scrunching my nose up "not really, we got on great. We actually talked about things after school was over"

"What like marriage and kids?" I asked, "yeah but it was only brief, we just wanted to get it out, make it clear if things became long-term"

"Could you imagine Cheryl Blossom being my sister-in-law" I scoffed "just remember that you guys were friends before I left" he said "exactly, we were then she got you sent away" I replied.

"But for future reference, when you do have kids there better be another Annabelle Underwood in the family".

"And when you have kids with Jughead there can be a Marcus Jones"