But if you wish to wake the Lion, then give him fangs!

Surprise! Here's a bonus little piece of fluff I thought up a while ago. Let me know what you think and if you'd like to see more. I call this fluff because I don't think it fits the canon, but I thought it would be fun to play around with.

This starts with a little backstory from the special manga in Hyrule Historia. I will be quoting exactly and narrate how I envision the action. It does not include the full manga because 1. I think you should buy it if you're able and read it for yourself since it's awesome, and 2. I'd like to novelize all of the manga (and later, the games) sometime in the future.

Okay. Enough talk. Let's wake the lion!

"The Hero and Hylia"

Over the course of seven days and seven nights, the goddess's army fought valiantly against the army of the Demon King. Vast numbers of humans were slaughtered. But, few though they were, the courageous people continued to fight, their resolve unwavering.

Exhausted and seemingly alone, the Hero Link stood against the Demon King himself. The three-horned evil towered over the man as a mountain to a tree.

"What's wrong, coward?" goaded the demon. "You are nothing without your gods. Weep! Howl! Turn and flee! Cast off your armor and kneel before me, and I may grant you the honor of serving us. Or would you rather these claws rend you asunder?"

Link stood tall and proud, his sword raised high. "I'm not afraid to die, but before I do, I will defeat you!"

With an easy wave of his arm, the Demon King left a gash in the hero's side. He laughed, "Foolish worm!" Then he moved on to other prey.

The Master Sword clattered to the ground as Link fell amongst his comrades. In his dimming vision, he could only see ash and smoke.

My hometown... the beautiful air... the mountains... the rivers... reduced to this. Will this be the last thing I ever see?

He felt the wind rush around him, and talons landed in front of him. Red wings fluttered around.

"Climb atop my back."

"Th-the Loftwing?" Link looked up to see the regal bird, waiting for his reply. He once again felt strength flow through his veins. "You mean you'll take me as your rider?"

"I have kept a close eye on your battle."

The Hero pulled himself onto the back of the Loftwing and they took off.

The Loftwing cried, "We shall fight together – for eternity!"

Link asked, "Loftwing, will you show our people to the skies? I ask your guidance."

"As long as you fly with me henceforth."

Link tightened his grip on his sword. "Yes... I swear it!"

At that moment, as though offering a blessing, three dragons appeared and circled the two. A light shone from the Master Sword. Link held it up to see three gold triangles etched on the sword blade, glowing like the sun. He wondered, "This symbol— What...?"

"The legacy of the gods dwells within the Master Sword," said one of the dragons. "Hero! Present thy sword before the goddess!"

It was then Link saw Hylia, the goddess of his land. He threw his sword down to her, which she caught with gracefulness and ease.

"My country... my beloved people of Hylia... my humans," she said. "Live on and bear descendants – Where the hands of the wicked cannot reach you, beyond the Great Sea of Clouds, at the highest limits of the sky. And there, guard the legacy of the gods – the Triforce – from the wicked!"