"How dare you compare me to him." Keith hissed, which in turn Lance grunted in disapproval from the couch.

"Hey, this might be good for you! I mean, what better way to bond with some new friends then by cramping ourselves together for an entire night in a single, closed off space!"

"Fabulous choice of words there Matt."

"Thank you Shiro, I really try."

"I'm going to my room." Keith got up only to be followed by a five foot tall whatever in an oversized green martian shirt and thin, golden rimmed glasses.

Keith fell onto his bed with a quiet Pidge following close behind, they sat down crisscrossed on the floor as he complained aloud.

"What am I gonna do??" Keith groaned.

"How about you tell him about your little crush of yours." Pidge deadpanned.

"You know about that?!" Keith shrieked.

"Are you kidding me? Everyone at the aquarium knows, I'm pretty sure the dolphins know..."

"Ugh...also, aren't you like, twelve?"

"I'M NINETEEN SHUT THE FUCK UP." Pidge shouted, swatting Keith in the back of the head, "I MAY BE FIVE FEET AND ONE POINT TWENTY FIVE INCHES TALL BUT I CAN STILL KICK YOUR ASS."

"Ow! Ow! Okay I'm sorry! I'm just..really upset, that's all." He sighed, sitting up onto the mattress, hugging his knees to his chest.

Pidge's face softened, "He ended things with Nyma, ya know."

Keith lay quietly, letting them finish, "She was a huge bitch, like always, and I've been telling him to end it with her since before they even began but, tonight...tonight she ended it off with him, he drunk texted me the whole thing afterwards, and before I could get to him, my phone died."

"So it wasn't all about blackmail. You actually care about the goon." he scanned their face, sensing a bit of sensitivity in the way they talked, Keith had underestimated Lance's ties with his friends before, and Pidge was obviously very close to him.

"You're good friends?" He asked.

"The best." Pidge laughed, "I met him and Hunk about four years ago, and it's always been the three of us. Once we met Allura and Coran, well, that was even better. But, Lance...he's a little too welcoming at times."

"What do you mean?" Keith's brows furrowed.

"He's so- ready, to accept anyone. Which is amazing yeah, but, he just lets people hurt him. And he always just gives them another chance. He's all 'forgive and forget' and all that spiritual shit but, it hurts him. I know it does." Pidge's shoulders shrunk down, making them look even smaller, there was something bothering them deeply, and although Keith wanted to, he felt in no position to ask about it.

"I'm gonna tell him." Keith stated abruptly, surprising both Pidge and himself.

"Wait, really?!" they hopped up in excitement, "Keith that's great!"

He smiled softly, mentally preparing himself for the events to come.

///

It was midnight and Lance somehow ended up on Keith's bed.

Now, I know what you're thinking, and no, it wasn't like that.

It more or less had to do with Keith's invasive friends who were too involved in his life and a compliant Cuban who just wanted to get some damn sleep. Wherever, that may be.