eniGma

LGBTQ+, the celebration of freedom, love and acceptance 🌈.

We are brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, parents and grandparents.

We are fat, thin, Black, White, Christian, Jewish, Muslim and everything in between.

We are cops, bankers, teachers, lawyers, accountants and anything else you can think of.

We play sports, go to the movies and read, amongst other things.

We marry, have or adopt children and even divorce.

We laugh, cry, and feel all emotions.

We get sick, bleed and suffer loss.

We succeed and fail.

We do everything and anything our straight counterparts do.

WE ARE HUMAN.
We demand respect and equal rights.

We will never settle for less, nor will we be made to feel embarrassed, ashamed, or less than for wanting that respect and equality.

Because of those who came and fought before me, I get to live my life today as an out and proud bisexual man.

I am able to live, laugh and love.

And because of the people of my generation, kids today bravely walk the halls of their schools, being who they were meant to be.

Unfortunately, the fight for equality continues, and it's time to look towards the future and all the LGBTQ people to come.

What will their futures hold if we don't continue to fight for our equality amidst the current homophobic climate?

For that, I turn to today's generation of brave LGBTQ warriors.

To all those kids who walk the halls proudly, and without fear.

To those I admire and consider my heroes.

It's time for you to take hold of the baton and join the fight.

To stand arm in arm with the people of my generation, and those that came before me.

There is a great strength and a power within you, so let your voices be heard and never silenced.

We need you now, more than ever, as you are our communities' future.
You are the trailblazers for generations to follow, and your legacy will be felt long after you are gone.
Much like the legacy of those who lived before you, and before me.

Let us show our Pride in who we are,
not just in the month of June & July,
but everyday of our lives.