Chapter Thirteen

"If by my life or death I can protect you, I will."

(Vis POV)

The Captain, Natasha, Morse and I go to speak with Wanda's kidnapper, who says his name is Mason Wymer. 

When we reach his holding cell, the guards let us in. He is sitting still on the floor. The second my eyes meet his beady ones, the world turns red and I clench my hands into fists. I look away.

"I should wait outside," I tell the Captain. "I fear... I may kill him."

The Captain nods once. "Can't say I haven't considered it," he mutters.

I step out without looking back, breathing deeply, focusing on the white floor. The door closes again and I stand in the company of the agents, looking through the reinforced glass.

Natasha steps closer to Wymer. "What is it that you thought Stark found in Sokovia?"

He smiles and his dirty blonde hair falls in front of his smirking face. "It doesn't matter now." He smiles at the ground, smoothing his fingers along the surface. "We don't need it anymore."

The Captain stands firm. "Who is we?"

"We are the servants of a god, we are his army...."

"Who are you working with?" the Captain repeats sharply.

"I won't say a word! I will be rewarded! Thanos will reward me when he comes. He'll know I've done well." He smiles smugly.

"Thanos? The 'most powerful being in the universe' and all that crap?" asks Morse. "If he's so powerful, then why does he need you?"

"He doesn't!" laughs Wymer. "We serve him willingly, he shouldn't do anything that we can do for him-"

"That's enough," says the Captain.

The villain falls silent and focuses on his fingers, trailing a pattern on the floor.

Natasha crouches down to Wymer's level. "What are you planning?"

"You won't last long," Wymer says, finally looking up. "His army is coming. You won't last long at all. And the Witch will be the first to go!"

My jaw clenches and my fingers grip my upper arm so hard it turns white. I nearly step towards the door.

"The Witch will die, she will! The abomination-"

With a clang of metal on bone, he is thrown to the ground. Blood trickles from Wymer's nose and the Captain swings his shield back onto his shoulders.

The angry glow of my mind stone dims and I breathe deeply to try to calm down.

Natasha says something to the Captain, to which he nods, and everyone steps out of the white cell. Not a one of us is smiling.

I close my eyes briefly, then turn to them. "Is he actually working for Thanos? Should we be prepared for an attack?"

"Well," the Captain begins, "he thinks he's working for Thanos, but that doesn't make any sense. More likely Wymer and his 'army' are just insane worshipers of the guy."

"Will they still try to attack us?" asks Morse. She spins her batons through her fingers. "I have some friends I can call...."

The Captain exhales thoughtfully. "I think we'll be okay. There can't be many of them. But we should tell the others."

Morse nods and she follows the Captain back up the stairs. I stay a moment, but Natasha does not leave. Instead she runs a hand through her short hair and looks at me.

"Are you all right?" she asks. She has not missed my agitation.

I drop my hand from the stone in my forehead. "I... I am an android. I am always all right."

My fingers smooth an invisible wrinkle on the hem of my shirt. I will not be all right if anything happens to my scarlet sorceress.

This, Natasha knows. "It's okay to-"

"I am always all right," I repeat. I turn and phase through the wall.

A/N THANK YOU FOR 100 VOTES :P

Btw does anyone want to make me a new cover? That would be awesome because I am not the greatest at art or edits....

Anyway next chapters in progress, love you guys