•Epilouge•

6 months after the war...

Narrator
It was raining on the day of Draco Malfoy's funeral.
The world remembered him as the
Boy Who Didn't Have a Choice, they would remember him as a boy who died saving the world's beloved Albus Dumbledore.
There was quite a show of people that afternoon. Many war heroes and close friends of his came.
Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley and Lavender Brown, Blaise Zabini, Pansy Parkinson, Savannah McColough and Hermione Granger were among the many that came.
Unfortunately, there had been a few missing people after the war and a few missing bodies.
Griffin Quinn was sadly one of the missing people.
Draco's body was not found, but he was presumed dead because of the many witnesses that were present.

Hermione Granger just stared at the closed casket with Draco's name engraved on it as the minister droned on. She absentmindedly twirled the locket on her neck, while she remembered Draco.
She remembered his chiseled body and face. She remembered his smirk and the rare smile that he had reserved especially for her. She remembered his silver eyes and his platinum locks.
She remembered the magical days she spent in the Reflective Room with him.
That was enough for her tears to escape her eyes. They slowly trickled down her face as she didn't even bother to wipe them.
Savannah noticed that she was crying and she wrapped her arms around Hermione's shoulders.

Savannah was also heartbroken, for the boy she had only known and loved for a little while was nowhere to be found.
But Griff and her love was only a tiny drop compared to the long river of emotions Draco and Hermione had. She had to be there for her friend and she hoped that Hermione would be there for her when the time came to accept the fact that Griff was dead.

Hermione had made up with Harry, Ron, and Ginny. She had explained her situation with Malfoy and her situation with them and they had immediately apologized. They realized what horrible friends they had been and they begged Hermione to let them start over with her.

Ron was the only one who still didn't understand why Hermione helped Malfoy. Even if he was good in the end, what about what he had put Hermione through before?
Harry explained to him that there would be no way that Ron would ever understand(because he stupid).

That was a sad and depressing day, but what no one else knew was that there was a whole other story on the other side of town.

•••