Chapter 8

Draco

I was in a dark room. The same room where I was branded with my mark. My Dark Mark. He was there too, circling me and one of the other Death Eaters was holding his wand against my mother's throat. "So, Draco Lucius Malfoy," his voice pierced my ears and making me shiver with fear,"are you ready to be branded?" I desperately looked at my mother, she was pinned against the wall and I unwillingly nodded. He smiled a menacing smile,"Good, boy. LUCIUS! My wand!" My father approached You-Know-Who with his marvelousely pale face facing down and the wand resting in both of his trembling hands. You-Know-Who snatches it out of my father's hands and presses it against my left forearm and recites the spell to brand me. I felt the searing pain surge through my skin and bear deep into my bones, the scene shifted and faded away as the pain left my arm. I opened my eyes to see Hermione limp on the floor with a sword piercing her backside. I felt my legs catapult me towards her and my arms wrap around her frail body. "Herm-Hermi-no..." I breathed and felt myself wake up screaming.

"Dr-Draco?!" I felt a soothing voice coo,"Shhh...it's okay. You'll be fine. I'm here. Nothing will happen to you." I turned my head to see Hermione's beautiful milky brown eyes meet mine.
"Hermione?" I said, my voice trembling. When you watch someone you really love die... it leaves you in pieces... "Yes...Draco, it's okay. Do you wanna talk about it?"
I nodded,"Well... let's sit here."
Hermione and I moved to the two chairs we set up in front of the mirror.
"Um... I had a nightmare... it was horrid. I-I was in the same room as the one in which I was branded. It was happening again. My mother and my father were being tortured and held against their own will in their own house." I started.
"Oh Draco, that's horrible" she comforted.
"Yeah I know. And I could do nothing about it, except accept his offer. I had to destroy other people's lives in order to save my parents."
Hermione patted me on the back.
"If you still think I'm that foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach," I said as Hermione giggled, "then I'm willing to accept that. But now you know both sides of the story."
Hermione smiled,"You know, you aren't as bad as I thought, Draco."
"Thanks Granger."
She laid her head against my shoulder and for the first time in a very long time, I felt at home.

A few hours later...

I was reading with Hermione as she and I talked about our knowledge. She was extremely surprised at how much I knew. Suddenly, Hermione shut the book close. "Enough reading"
"Woah...who are you and what have you done to Hermione Granger?" I joked
"Stop it" she smiled
"What?"
"This is serious...what is going on with you? That dream? You-Know-Who? Tell me."
I sighed,"Well, you know who threatened to kill my family if I didn't get branded. After I did, he took over our house. He makes my father and I do horrible things for him. He stays at our house, and made our sanctuary into a torture chamber."
Hermione let out a small gasp,"What does he do?"
"Well he tortures people until they spill the information they know and then he... um finishes them off by feeding them to Nagini while we are eating..um our dinner. I watched my friend as a small child get torn to pieces once in front of my own eyes." I said as tears streaked my pale face.
"Oh Draco..." Hermione hugged me.
It felt so nice to have her wrap her arms around me.
It made me feel safe.

A/N:
Wait, put the gosh darn tomatoes down and listen to what I have to say, then you can go at me full force...
I have been the worst person ever in the history of the world and I know I deserve each and everyone of those tomatoes. I'm SO SORRY!!!!! I didn't mean to take more than a month!!! I hated it so much!!! I was going through writers block and my grades were rocky... IM SO SORRRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand if the tomatoes still come at me...

I hope you liked that chapter!!!!!!!!
That was pretty okay in my opinion.... tell me what you thought in the comments and let me know what else I should do.

OML 734 VIEWS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN THREE FLIPPIN WEEKS!!!!!!!! LOOOOORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS SEE IF WE CAN GET 120 VOTES AND 1K VIEWS AND 1 NEW FOLLOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If not I understand....😓

LOOOOVE YOU ALL!!
-Panther