Sneak peak (spoiler)

This is for a future book.

Enjoy.

~~~~

They never told us this would happen. They never prepared us for when the explosion came.

The town was simply evacuated without any explanation. But it wasn't evacuated soon enough.

I watched as people ran for their lives and tried to get away. People screamed in terror as they clung to their loved ones. Our main objective is freedom. That's outside the city.

The soldiers were trying to keep everyone from stampeding. It worked for the most part until we saw it. The dreaded tower.

Jets flew overhead and bombed the roads trapping us inside the town. Cars blocked any other exit and prevented us from freedom. People became hysterical and panicked. One thought rang through our heads.

We're all going to die.

The soldiers managed to get out with a few. Luckily my friend made it. I told her to run with them and never come back. She sobbed uncontrollably as the soldiers pulled her away. I reached for my freedom before having to run again. People were dying in the streets if they stood still too long. Getting shot at or hurt by others. One thing I had to remember.

Don't stop. They'll kill me.

I was surprised to see my other friend. She stood in the middle of the street. Her expression was blank as she watched the destruction. Shocked. That's the look on most of the dead people's faces.

"What are you doing?!" I yelled frantically as my eyes widened in fear. She just stood there as the jets came back around.

"They... abandoned us..." she muttered and stared blankly. She glanced towards the horizon and her eyes widened in fear. I followed her gaze and stared at the massive ship flying over a rock formation. It fired a weapon into the rock.

"No!" She screamed as the formation blew up. I grabbed her and took her to cover before the jets fired. I stared at the destruction and fire as they continued to attack us.

People screamed as they got shot down. I sat in a corner as I held her close. She buried her face in my shirt as she sobbed silently. I hid my face in her hair as I rocked slowly. I can't block the screams, or cries of pain. They'll haunt me for the rest of my life...

It only took less than an hour, but it felt longer. So much longer.

The only mercy they gave us was to let us stay inside our town. You would think they didn't need us. I watched as they easily killed our army. Destroyed our hope. We were alone now and forgotten. No one could get in or out of Jasper Nevada.

My name is Don, I was once a mechanic... but now... I am a prisoner of the Decepticons.

Giant alien robots who will crush us without a second thought. These are Titans and gladiators from space...

 These are Titans and gladiators from space

(Don.)