Introduction

My name is Mariah Jones! I'm eighteen years old soon to be a freshman in college. I'll be attending Central State University this upcoming fall in August. I live in Atlanta,Georgia with my Mom (Lisa) My twin sisters (Kierra & Kiana) My father was in out of my life growing up. He was the type to pick and choose when he wanted a relationship with his children not to mention he used to abuse my mom. So I've always had a brick wall up when it came to him and just MEN period. I'm graduating in a few days and leave for college in 2 months. I'm very anxious, nervous and excited but this only the beginning so I know it's just preparation of what's to come.

Graduation Day!
So today's this big day! Graduation Day! The wait is finally over it's been a journey all 4 years and 720 days but It was all worth the wait. Today's not an easy day because I lost someone very special to my heart who's no longer here and it's really been hard. It's not easy losing a loved one especially one your close too but I know my grandmothers here in spirit. I'm really nervous because I'm doing the farewell speech and I haven't wrote anything out. I guess I'll just say what's on my heart. Meanwhile let me start to get ready for today.

Somewhere in the middle of the speech!

"What feel like the end can often be the beginning. It's been a journey we've created wonderful memories. wonderful stories, wonderful laughs and even created wonderful bonds. It's saddens me to say goodbye but oh how I will miss you all so much. I salute my fellow class of 2017 like I said in my yearbook always remember If you WANT it. You can HAVE it. If you NEED it you can't have it.
IT'S YOURS...IT'S YOURS.. " Thank you!

The professors begin to call the students up by their name I was next! "Mariah Jones" lots of yelling and cheering I begin to hear my sisters yelling "YEAH MARIAH!" "OKAAAYYYYYY" "YEAH SUH!" I shook each one of the professors hand and finally took a picture holding my diploma. As I looked up I noticed my mom crying. She such a crybaby! I got a little teary eyed myself because I finally did it. I made myself proud! and I know for sure I made my Grandmother proud.

The principal begin to give his final remarks "Ladies and Gentlemen let's give a graduating class of 2017 a round of applause." Everyone cheered! "It is now time Seniors please stand" We all stood, while people were still cheering. "Seniors of the class of 2017 I'll say it one last time I love you all. Blessings upon all of you! Please change your tassels from the right to the left." We all did as was asked and start yelling and screaming. "And now as principal of Lakeside Highschool I certify that these seniors have met all of the requirements set by Lakeside Highschool school system under the state of Atlanta,Georgia by thee authority rested in me I here by declare the class of 2017 to graduates of Lakeside Highschool congratulations" everyone begin to cheer and hug each other.