As I descended down the stairs, my mind was constantly playing with my instincts making me believe that something really very serious may have happened between them. But how did they even meet? Does Max know that I have kissed Harry? Did they have had really very ugly past? How Max and Harry failed to tell it to me? Maybe it was not at all serious, that's why they may have forgotten.

"Ciara will you take a decade to make yourself comfortable here?" Mom broke me from my inner turmoil when I noticed I had been standing in front of them for a long time.

For the first time in my life, I got slightly conscious of the simple drawing room. Cream coloured wallpaper hiding all the possible scratches or wall roughness matching perfectly with that white coloured Bridgewater sofa and a loveseat . Mom called it 'Simple Yet Elegant'. At that time, I didn't give a fuck because my thin ass was completely comfortable on it. Now, mom and Max were sitting on the bridgewater and Harry on loveseat.

Where should I sit? On the damn table

Where should I sit?
On the damn table. My conscious answered.

"Come sit here with me Ciara. It has been a long time since I have seen you." Max patted the place beside him and I nodded going to his side.

Everyone was sitting quietly and with perfect mannerisms. But then there was me, sitting cross-legged on the couch, lightly humming a tune which didn't have any existence except my brain.

Mom gave me a death glare and I looked at her face palming and placed my elbow on my thigh.
Harry was keenly observing mom and I's crazy silent banter and was trying to stifle a laugh.

"So Harry, what you have been doing lately?" My brother in command broke the ice.

Harry cleared his throat and began. "I was working as a gym instructor but recently became the assistant manager of the gym."

"Really? You didn't give me a party. Anyways, congratulations!" I tried to make the conversation lighter but all of them looked at me as if I'm a prey. I sunk back into the couch putting finger on my lips like a kid.

"I am going to make tea for you all. Ciara are you coming to help me?" Mom stood up.

"No, I'll help you once you are done with it." I replied without applying any mind.

Mom shook her head and now I wanted to disappear into that couch. "And what are you doing here Max?" Harry asked in a flat tone once mom had left.

"I am a member of The Board Of Directors in an MNC. So for that purpose I need to travel to fix deals. Therefore, here am I in the U.K." Max smugly remarked.

Harry and I rolled our eyes in unison and waited for the tea to come. "Um, I'll just go and help mom." Pressing my lips to a thin line, I quickly rushed away.

"You should have come when I asked you in the first place." Mom's voice was much more threatening.

"Sorry mom, I'll keep that in mind." I started placing the cups on the tray. Obviously, how immature I acted, I had to hide the million questions I wanted to ask from both of those gentlemen.

"Here is the snack. Enjoy." Mom chirped once we got back into the room. But the thing to notice was Harry's cheeks were flushed and Max's nose was flaring. What the real hell was going on between them?

I gave Harry a questioning look. He simply shrugged hinting that he must have done something unfavorable in front of Max.

"Max, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked just to strike a casual conversation. Much to my surprise both of them choked on their sip and mom gasped.

"Oh shit, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you I'm so sorry." I rambled grabbing a tissue box from the table and handing it to Max and one to Harry.

"No, no. It's completely fine." Harry started cleaning his face and Max was coughing to catch breath.

"We will talk about your language later." Mom whispered in my ear which caused a shiver down my spine.

The rest of time was spent by Harry and me sharing awkward gazes, Max just in order to avoid Harry had asked several questions from mom about how will we spend upcoming Christmas when it was just the start of December.

"It was nice coming here I really had a good time. The snacks were amazing." Harry heartily complimented shaking hands with mom and still ignoring Max.
"Thank you so much Harry. I had an amazing time as well. Please do come next time. I'd be glad to meet your mom too." Mom smiled, Harry nodded and Max rolled his eyes.

"I will walk you to the door." I quickly stood up and started trailing behind him.

I could see Max giving me a  warning glance to not go but I really didn't care. People have been hiding things from me since I was born. I really didn't understand what is their problem with me, I was pissed off as well and I had the full right to behave this way.

Harry opened the door to leave but immediately spun on his heels and held my hand in his. "Your brother and I, it's like we have known each-"

"Not just this Harry, you really have to talk about each and every thing that you have done in your past life and for that purpose, you need to have a fresh mind. Tell me some other day when you are ready." My tone was much serious now contrasting to that one in the house.

Harry nodded. "At least kiss me a goodbye?" There was a pleading look in his eyes almost melting me to kiss him like never before.

"Just go Harry. See you later." I shook my head and with that he left.

***

A/N

Thank you so much readers for giving your precious time and love to this book! I really appreciate it.

Vote and comment to show your love. ;))

Until next time,
Much love,
Mohika Arya.