Please Talk

"Hey, Jere?"

"Hm?" Jeremy hummed into Michael's shirt.

"Look who's here." Jeremy hesitantly looked up to see Christine running up to them. She stopped in front of them, looking terribly winded and near tears.

"Jeremy! Oh, I'm so glad you're alright! I didn't know what to do, I just ran all the way to Michael's!"

"Oh, uh, thank you." She frowned.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Y-yeah. Actually, c-can we talk?"

"Yeah o-of course?" Michael noticed her questioning voice as he slowly lowered Jeremy until his feet hit the ground.

"Can you stand alright?" Michael asked him.

"I think so. Thank you."

"Anytime." He smiled and pulled his headphones on before heading to a tree a little ways away. Jeremy watched Michael lean against the tree and give him two thumbs up. He took a deep breath and turned to Christine.

"Christine I-I don't think I can do t-this."

"Jeremy, what do you mean?" Her eyes widen as her fears were slowly being confirmed.

"T-this relationship. After the S-Squip I-"

"Of course."

"W-what?"

"It's the just the Squip." she breathed an unsettling sigh of relief. "You just need a break until the Squip is completely out of your head."

Jeremy began to panic, "Christine I-I don't think-"

"Oh, Jeremy, of course it's the problem! It's fine I completely understand!"

"N-no I don't t-think y-you-"

"Please Jeremy, don't worry about it. You should just head home and get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"O-okay." She smiled and hugged him quickly. He didn't move as she let go and skipped off in the direction of her house until Michael stepped up next to him.

"She seems relieved."

"That didn't go as planned." Jeremy mumbled. "She thinks we're just 'taking a break' until I can get my Squip under control."

"Oh man, Jere, you gotta tell her."

"I know. I will tomorrow, I guess."

Michael looked over at Jeremy. He looked so worn and troubled. "Do you- do you wanna stay at my place tonight?" Michael felt himself blush at the proposition after his best friend (basically) confessed to him.

Jeremy's face quickly reddened again as he stumbled over his words. "I uh- y-yeah I-I would l-like th-that?"

Michael gave a Jeremy a wide smile, "Onwards then!" He said, his blush darkening. He took a few jumpy steps forward before noticing Jeremy's wobbly stance. "Are you sure you're good to walk?"

"Yea-yeah I'm completely fin-" he stumbled forward into Michael as he forced the words out with his tired mind.

Michael laughed and held him so he wouldn't fall to the ground. "Jere, you are not fine. You're literally falling asleep!"

"I'm... not." He stretched out his words, unable to completely focus.

"Goodness, Jere. Okay, come 'ere." He repositioned his arm around Jeremy's back and reached down lifting Jeremy's legs and holding him bridal style once again. Jeremy squeaked and wrapped his arms around Michael's neck, shoving his head against Michael. Michael laughed, shaking Jeremy.

But that didn't bother Jeremy, of course. It brought a silly grin to his sleepy face. He mumbled a tired "thank you" before closing his eyes.

Michael's heart felt like melting at the sight before him. He turned and started walking towards his house.

They walked in an airy silence until Michael felt Jeremy tug on his hood. He looked down to see Jeremy's sleepy eyes blinking up at him.

"Can you... talk?"

"Talk? About what?"

"Any... thing?"

"Why do you want me to talk?"

"Pretty... voice."

"O-okay then." Michael felt his face heat up once again as Jeremy closed his eyes, waiting for Michael, who awkwardly started babbling on about some thing he read about online.

He kept talking until they reached his house. He let Jeremy know and felt him hum against his chest. He was honestly surprised he wasn't asleep by now.

After about a minute of struggling to attempt opening the door Michael looked down and Jeremy. "Uh, Jere Bear, I think I need to- are you asleep?" no response, "Now you decide to fall asleep!" He whisper yelled. But one more look at Jeremy and his annoyance slipped away. He sighed and brought Jeremy's feet to the ground and held him against him with one arm. With his free arm he dug in his pocket for his key. He went to unlock the door and realized he left it unlocked after running to the park. He huffed in annoyance with himself and pushed open the door. He lifted the sleeping Jeremy back up and brought him to his room.

He planned to let Jeremy sleep on his bed and he would sleep out on the couch. However, as he laid Jeremy down on the bed, Jeremy unconsciously held on to his sleeve.

He smiled stupidly and laid next to Jeremy, sighing contently.

_______________

holy hell

hello this is admin becca 👋

um yeah i'm actually dying because jesus christ I haven't written fan fiction for at least a year. i'm so out of practice.

also because admin may and i have really angsty plans for this and its partly my fault and oOPS IM NOT SORRY

so enjoy the first bit (but certainly not the last) of angst and some sleepy jeremy.

and good luck.