Chapter 30

****Kira****

Homecoming

Today was the big day and I was dreading it the way you dread your first Monday back from a long Vacay.

I stood before a large mirror, grabbing on for my sanity that was slipping away as I looked at the dress I was wearing. Feathers were everywhere.

I shook my head in horror as my mother squawked like a chicken behind me on her phone relaying to my father how adorable I looked.

No woman!!!....

I look....God awful.

I shook my head as she crooned and told me to twirl around. I wanted to literally cry. I looked at the price tag and just about died.

Retail

$1879.00

Sale

$1575.00

No Fucking way....

I stomped off before she could take an embarrassing photo as her assistant Candace followed me with an overwhelmed nervous look.

I took out my camera and took a picture for Max. In the process I sent him numerous pics of different dresses. All of them, I hated.

When I finally stepped out in a gown that looked far worse than the rest, go figure my mother loved it. I looked like trussed up bad work of art on fabric. When she saw me yet again turn down another dress she got upset and argued with me.

You need to be more daring like Valerie she said.

What am I going to do with you? She complained.

All I heard out of that insult was I wasn't daring enough.

So, yet again, I stormed off to the far wrack of gowns that had price tags that would make you faint. Prices that the average everyday middle class American pays in their total monthly bills.

Gowns that looked like thread was afraid to stick to it. Not a decent stitch cover a woman's body. But fuck it, I'm not daring enough.

I tried on the first. My areolas were visible through this sheer gown if I weren't wearing panties you would be able to see my freaken ovaries in this.

Perfect.

I walked with a strut to the front before my mother. Her wide eyes visible sign of the across gesture told me NO but I shrugged and twirled around in it any way. She shook her head.

2nd outfit got the same response definitely a no no.

Each one I took a pic of and showed Max. I know I shouldn't have but I had to tease him a bit. I put on the most daring gown yet and that got the response I was looking for from my mother and from Max.

When I finally sent my last picture of this outfit to Max before stepping out of the dressing room to show my mother. His reply made me giggle. I'm so bad for this, but I had to.

"Absolutely Not!" was his response.

Stepping out in front of my mother was a different story. She literally began to rant and curse in Spanish as a big bulbous vein stuck out of her neck.

Ever seen a rich socialite with Hispanic genes spring free and throw a tantrum????..

Mama went from Prada to Nada attitude in a heartbeat. I was seconds away from getting the Chancla in the boutique.

For the first time I pulled the ghettoness out of my mother as she pulled out her phone furiously to call my dad and complain about... la hija mal criada, mal parida y mas grocera del mundo....