Please Stay With Me (Wonwoo p.o.v)

I drew the curtains to the dark apartment I shared with my Best friend of four years, Kim Mingyu. The grey clouded sky let in a dim light that gave the messy room a beautiful chilling glow.

Mingyu had left home about an hour and a half ago to meet his friend at a coffee place nearby to study. The rain was starting to get progressively heavier and I would be a liar if I said I wasn't starting to worry about him.

I shrunk further into my warm sweater and let out a long sigh. Just as I began to relax, the pace of the rain hitting the window picked up and the gentle Tap Taps Turned into almost violent Thuds. Booming thunder and flashing lighting followed and I suddenly Panicked. Is Mingyu going to be ok?

Desperately, I began running around my apartment in search of the stupid cellular device I decided to discard carelessly somewhere. The floor was cold against my bare feet.

I didn't end up finding my phone, but my worry was swept away when I heard the front door being unlocked.

"Mingyu-ah! I was just about to call you-"

When our eyes met, My heart broke and suddenly my brain was left in a scrambled incoherent mess. Tears threatened to spill from the tall boy's dark eyes as his body shook from the cold and the sobs he fought so hard to hold back.

He took a step forward and fell into my chest, gripping my sweater tightly and releasing all the pent up anxiety, setting the tears free. I stroked his hair and took him into my arms the best I could. We stayed like that until he couldn't cry anymore, But every time the lightning flashed through the window he would flinch and his grip on my sweater would grow tighter.

"Mingyu-ah, please look at me" I took the Taller's anxious face in my hands and ran my thumbs down the tear stains that streaked his cheeks. "It's going to be ok, I promise, please go change before you catch a cold, you're soaked.." worry etched in my voice.

He took a hold of my hand and closed his eyes "Please stay with me." he said in a near whisper, a shaky breath followed.

"I will."

I had never seen him so upset before and I didn't know what to do with myself. He started to settle down as the thunderstorm came to an end and we were left with just the light pitter patter of rain against the roof.

As soon as he was changed and seated comfortably on the couch, I felt like I could finally relax.

Mingyu was the first to speak. "Thank you Hyung" he said shyly and played with my hand.

I smiled and ruffled his hair nodding. "How does a Movie and some tea sound before bed?"

He nodded eagerly like a child and I couldn't help but find it endearing.

I stood to go start the tea but he got up just as quickly and captured my wrist, stopping me. Slowly, I turned to face him.

He looked away like he was thinking about something and chewed his lip. Then he leaned down and placed a kiss to my temple.

I felt my face heat up but just laughed. "Mingyu-ah..." I feigned annoyance. "You know you missed right?". I pointed to my mouth as a Joke. Apparently he never caught on because next thing I know his lips are on mine. I can't help but smile into the kiss and feel thankful to the storm for being the push our relationship needed.