I grinned because it was the look of another signing to do an Ad.

I chuckled as he did his victory dance, then grabbed his chair to sit.

"You needed to speak to me dad," I leaned back and watched him closely.

"Yes, I have great news. We just landed the Tagushima Ad in Tokyo," he beamed with his smile.

"That is an awesome dad, I know you are excited," I leaned up happy that he landed this account.

I sat back and watch him carefully sober down and turned a little serious.

"Max, I know this is short notice and I know you have your week planned out, but this... this is very important." he began.

A sudden chill crept up my spine, but I kept my game face on and stayed calm listening.

"What's up dad?"

He paused for a bit.

"I really need you to close this deal and get the contracts signed," he said.

"Sure dad, I can do it. By when do we need it done," I sat up ready.

"I need you to be in Tokyo on Monday, Tuesday at the latest." he stood looking at me.

I sat back a bit, thinking this over. I've been away on lots of business trips so this should be no different. But, I would have to leave Monday.

"How about Tuesday, I'll be with some friends sailing and won't be back till Monday," biggest bold face lie. But I needed to work it.

"Yes..Yes. Tuesday is fine just as long as you are there in time to do the signing and get an overview of the product," he said.

"Ok...great so how long will it take 2 to 3 days that would be fine?" I nodded.

"2 weeks, it will take some time it's a new product and you need all the specs," he added.

I sat back. 2 weeks.

To argue this, it would make him pry into my reasons for not wanting to be away so long. Damn it!.

I know it has to be done, but 2 weeks? Ever since I met Kira, we have grown so close. Just being away from her for more than 3 days drives me up the walls. 2 weeks is practically my death sentence.

How was I going to explain this to Kira?.

*~*~*~*~*~*

****Kira****

An annoying feeling swirled through me as I stared at the paper placed before me on my desk.

She gave me a B- !!!

I had planted my ass in a chair, focused all my attention on the assignment, and actually did the bonus question.

And it had all been for another fucking B-?.

"Unbelievable," I gritted out under my breath.

"Did you say something, Ms. Winthrop?"

I lifted my face from the big red B- on my paper to find dark eyebrows of Mrs. Furleigh's arched in smug supremacy. A shrewd green gaze penetrated mine, daring me to question my grade.

I shook my head, "Nothing," my neck was so stiff from the lie and that bitter urge to cry, I barely got it to move. "I didn't say anything," I said, my voice low enough it was barely audible.

Sure, ask why I would cry, it's a B- .

Well to me a B- is just another slippery slope down to a C if I had gotten one more answer wrong.