Chapter 4-Fights and Flashbacks

I walked into the lunch room and got the usual. A Cesar salad with almonds. I sit at the table with Nash, Carter, Amy, Hayes and Jack Johnson. Carter looked at me then got up. "Dude what is your problem?" I say standing up. "Go talk to your boyfriend over there". He gestured over to Cameron and his friends. I start shaking my head. "Carter its not li-" I say but was rudely interrupted. "Save it Payton. I been lied to enough. Thought you were different." he says before walking out of the cafeteria. I slam down my plate before walking into the bathroom.

    I heard the door open and saw Hayes. "Need a hug?" he says looking at me. I nod quickly and he hugs me. "My be- bes- best fr- friend ha- hates me no- now" I say pulling him closer. "No he just knows that you and Cam are on the way to disaster and he wants the best for you". Geez that felt better. I cried harder. I felt Hayes release and walk out. I locked the door and sat in the corner. I wiped my eyes and did back down. I see the door jiggle. "It's me. Cameron. Um can you open the door we need to talk...NOW!" I jumped at the increase of volume. I look at a window and crawl through it. I ran into the forest. I had no idea where I was going. The only thing I knew was that I am getting as far away from that college as possible.

    I jumped over like 10 barb wire fences. I finally stopped. With a breath I was hugged by a familiar scent. "Jack?" I say turning around. "Hmm?". I threw myself in his arms. "Why are you here?" He says quietly. "I ran away from my college campus". He gave me a questioning look. "I am tired of everyone there so I came out here and wanted to go to where my first date took place". Everything fell silent. I started walking in the direction of the circle with the tree. There was some brown on the tree and I knew it was Taylor's blood. I ran my finger across it. I saw some really dried up flower petals that once been some dandelions I sat on him the day after the incident.

    I pulled off a piece of bark with the dried up blood and held it. Taylor was a good guy besides the times I angered him.

*Flashback*

    "Hey babe" I say holding Chinese food. He was sitting on his bed with his hands folded in his lap."So you flirt with other guys" he says and shakes his head. "What? Baby no. I don't". He nods and laughs. "Yeah you do. So let me see your messages". He smacks the Chinese food out my hands and I gasp. I step back and slip on some. "Baby pleaseeee let me see your messages". I shake my head no. He grabs both my hands and takes my phone. "Okay lets see here..."

"text message to: John Morin... hey you are hot. We should hang out tomorrow"

he looked at me

"Text message from: John Morin... Yeah you are pretty hot your self. Can I have you?

there was a long pause. "Your answer was... I am not free...His answer Then I'll just take you out to eat,would you like that?" He tapped his chin. "Your answer, 'If my psycho boyfriend doesn't find out then I'd love to" he looked at me and chuckled. I stood up. "Taylor this isn't you. You are a loving guy. You are so much more then what everyone sees you as." I hug him but he gets me off him and towers over me. "Its Taylor Caniff baby. Love me or leave me your choice". Anger was defiantly in his voice. "Leave I say grabbing the handle. "Yeah you aren't leaving yet. I can't trust you". I grab for my phone but he throws it. "THATS IT!!" I scream. He goes in for a kiss.

"WHY DO YOU THINK YOU CONTROL ME!!!?" I scream pushing him away. He pushed me back and I smacked him. I knew he wouldn't hit me back but that day I was wrong. I felt a sting and I pushed him into his mirror and it shattered sending thousands of tiny glass flying through the air. He grabbed my hands and kissed my forehead. "Touch me again..and you will see the really bad side of me". A shiver went down my spine. "Its over" I say reaching for the door knob. My wrist is grabbed and twisted. "KEITH!! HELP" I scream. Keith is Taylor's older brother. I heard footsteps and the door opened. Keith grabbed Taylor and slammed him on the ground. I hear quick footsteps and saw Raleigh. She jumped into my arms and I held her tight."Goodbye Raleigh. I love you" I give her a peck on the cheek and run out the house.

    I ran home not wanting to look back. This was not the Taylor I knew. I slow down. I remembered that he is bipolar. I turn around and see Keith holding Taylor in his arms. I start walking back, but I stopped and heard a whisper. "Why you got go Pay?" Raleigh. "I am no longer needed" I said frowning. Then kept running home.

*End of flashback*

    I threw the piece of bark and marched away. "Payton?" a high voice said. I turn around and see a little girl who looked 7. My heart melted. "Raleigh" I say hugging her. She doesn't release and see Keith standing there on his phone. "Go with Keith now okay?". Giving her a nudge and she walked back over to him. She pulled at his sleeve and he bent down. She whispered something in his ear. All I heard was "It's hot in Topeka" I giggled and he looked up at me. He engulfed me in a hug. "How you been. Still small I see" he said with a smile. I shrugged and looked at my shoes. "Taylor isn't dead..." Raleigh says in my ear then touching the tree. I look at her startled. "What?". "C'mon bud. Supper is ready" Keith said not understanding what she said. "RALEIGH WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!?" I shout. there was no respond.

   I walk back to a lake kicking pebbles. I sit on the edge of the dock and throw pebbles. 'Taylor isn't dead' was the only thought going through my head. I heard someone singing and panicked. I climbed down the ladder and into the water. I swam under the dock and saw the person climbing in but stopping. "Cameron Dallas. Just the guy I was looking for. Looks like I am going to be your new roomate" a guy says. I saw another pair of feet, girl feet. "Cam catch me" a annoying voice said. I started swimming towards the bank. I climbed out and saw Shawn Mendes laughing on the phone. We made eye contact and he hung up the phone. "CAMERON SHE IS RIGHT HERE. PAYTON IS RIGHT HERE !!" he shouted. I took off running.