"I'm game." Justin also included himself in the conversation. "Isn't it like, two to a seat or something, though?"

"Yeah! I need to talk to you really quick, though, Justin." Jessica turned, cocking her head to the side so that they could have a small space. "Something I need to tell you. . ." she glanced over and saw how Alex's eyes widened for a second before quickly looking in the twos direction. He just as quickly turned back, and Jessica smirked.

Before Justin had the opportunity to respond, she dragged him by his jacket to the side, causing Hannah and Zach to exchange satisfied looks. They knew what was going down.

A few feet away is where Jess stood with Justin,  and right away, she put him on the spot. "You and Alex better fucking sit together and you also better tell him how you feel, otherwise, I'm pushing you off the ferris wheel."

"Wait - huh? What are you talking about tell him how I - how I feel? He stammered, his face slowly starting to heat up.

She laughed into her hand before looking back up at his flustered face. "I'm not dumb, Jus. Also, Zach's one of my closest friends so I know a lot about you," she winked. "so yeah. The feelings I'm talking about are -"

"Okay, okay, I get it Jess!  You know, it doesn't matter. The only way Alex would ever like me back was if hell froze over."

". . .you did not just say that."

He sighed, looking down, and he genuinely looked a bit sad. "I. . I don't know, Jess. I mean -"

"I wouldn't be so sure on him not liking you back."

His head shot up quickly. "Wait, what? Are you - what do you mean?"

She smiles, starting to walk backwards to where the group was. "Tell him and maybe you'll find out what I mean." she turned around fully, quickly skipping the rest of the way to the friends. "I call Zach for a partner!"

Justin stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds before suddenly gaining massive courage from nowhere. He slowly approached the group, specifically - a certain blond.

"Hey, Alex?"

Alex was admiring the height of the wheel with the contrast of the sky behind it, so Justin's voice made him jump. Quite literally. "Shit, sorry Justin." he laughed quietly. "What's up?"

"Wanna go in a booth together?" he immediately regretted it. It sounded so much better in his head. For fucks sake, it sounded like he was asking him to dance as if they were in middle school with the way the question came out. "Fuck, I mean only if-"

"Sure." it was simple and short, but it still made Justin beam brightly, even though he was legitimately thinking he was going to have a heart attack. Little did he know that Alex was feeling the same thing.

One step down. One to go.

By the time Justin's awkwardness had ended, everyone chose a partner to sit with. (Poor Tony got stuck with Ryan after Hannah claimed Clay.)

Once the previous ride ended and the new one started, Jess grabbed on to Zach's arm, lightly shaking it. "Get in the one beneath Alex and Justin," she whispered.

He nodded, waiting for the two boys (who were looking extremely awkward at the moment with fake looking smiles on) to get on a seat. "Alright, ladies first." he grinned charmingly, sticking his arm out to the cart.

She jokingly rolled her eyes, quickly hopping on and sliding to the side to leave room for Zach. "Alright, now get on! I really think Justin's gonna do it."

"Did you already tell him that Alex has liked him?" he sat beside Jess, and scooted a fraction of an inch closer to her. Maybe she wouldn't notice.