Chapter 27 Healing and Ink

Clarke stood in front of the cracked mirror, staring down at her naked body. She stretched her skin different directions, stretching the weak muscles she's had to neglect this past week and getting acquainted with the way her newest scars marked her body.

Lexa had gotten up with the sun for an early meeting with the clan leaders. Clarke had taken the opportunity to get out of their bed and soak in a hot bath. One of the servants had helped her clean her still tender skin and Clarke had made the young girl vow to secrecy. She wasn't supposed to be out of bed, Heda's orders, but she was going absolutely mad. 

She turned slowly and tilted her head to get a clear view of her back. The scars had healed pretty nicely, though there were still a few that made her flinch if they were touched. She pulled her hair messily into her hand and onto her head, craning her neck to see her tattoo. Three black numbers,  a mark representing her past. One that she could wear on her skin and reflect on, but Clarke vowed that she wouldn't let her time on the ark define her anymore. 

She ran her fingers delicately over the small swollen patch of skin that the numbers occupied. She didn't remember much from after the lashes, but she remembered the conversation between Lexa and Octavia.

Once Clarke was safely back in the tower, Lexa refused to leave her side, even going as far as to dismiss Clarke's usual guards so that she could be closer to the blonde. Working together, the healers got Clarke onto the bed and onto her stomach. They looked to Wanheda for permission to get started, but none came.

Lexa reached down to smooth some of CLarke's hair from where it was sticking to her sweaty forehead.

"It's over, my love. Forgive me, I should have stopped him." She said, her voice fragile.

Clarke's voice was tired, slow, and raspier than normal when she answered, "It's okay, Lexa. I'm okay. We're okay."

Lexa smiled, "Yes, Clarke. You're going to be just fine. Please, love. Let my healers help you."

But Clarke shook her head, as stubborn as ever, and turned her gaze to another brunette, "O?"

Octavia stepped beside Lexa and took Clarke's pale, shaking hand into her own calloused and strong one, "Lincoln's coming right back with the supplies, Clarke. Then we'll get started."

Clarke nodded, "Thank you."

Clarke closed her eyes then, and Lexa looked at Octavia in confusion, "What are you talking about?"

Octavia sighed, "There was a second part to the vow I made to Clarke. The first was to stop you if you tried to interfere with the lashing." Both girls flinched when it was mentioned.

Lexa was slightly nervous to ask, but she did so anyway, "And the second part?"

"A tattoo."

Lexa chuckled in disbelief, "A tattoo? Explain, Octavia."

"Clarke made me vow that I would tattoo her after the lashing and before the healers would be allowed to stitch her up."

There was a soft knock on the door and Lincoln walked calmly into the room, handing Octavia a needle and a small bottle of ink.

"Do you remember how I taught you?" He asked her.

"Yes," Octavia replied confidently.

The door opened soundlessly behind her and Clarke's blue eyes caught green in the mirror. Lexa crossed the room and stood behind Clarke, wrapping her arms around the blonde's waist. 

"Why are you out of bed, my love?"

"Any longer in that bed and I'll go insane, Lex."

She felt a soft kiss on her shoulder, "Are you're sure you're strong enough, Clarke? I don't want you to push too hard."

"Do you have any other meetings today, Heda?"

"Not until late tonight, love."

Clarke met her favorite pair of green eyes in the mirror, "Can we walk around the market today? I want to get outside. I want to show my people that I will not be broken."

Lexa spun her around in her arms and kissed her, gently are first, but quickly with more heat as she noticed Clarke was indeed getting stronger again. When they broke away, Lexa rested her forehead against Clarke's, keeping her close. 

"Of course we can. Anything you want." Lexa glanced down at the brace encasing Clarke's leg, "Any feeling today?"

Clarke nodded, "More and more every day. It's still mostly just tingles, but the therapy exercises Raven's having me do are helping."

Lexa smiled and kissed Clarke again, softly this time, "I'm glad." 

Taking another glance at her love, Lexa chuckled, "Do you plan on walking the market like this, or are clothes in your master plan for today?"

  --------------------------------------------------- 

LISTEN, GUYS, I AM SO SORRY THAT THIS TOOK SO LONG I AM OFFICIALLY STRUGGLING TO CONTINUE THIS STORY! I WANT TO CONTINUE AND GIVE CLARKE AND LEXA THE BEAUTIFUL ENDING THEY DESERVE SO IF YOU HAVE ANY ANY IDEAS PLEASE MESSAGE ME!