↳ chapter two

ella and bianca walked while making small talk on how ella feels about the town so far. ella's only been here for merely a day, so she can't really say much of her opinions on it.

they soon enough walk to a greek architectural building and are greeted by a couple dozen people. everyone smiles sweetly, and almost in union, they say, "hello, bianca."

ella guessed either bianca was big shit in this town, or everyone knew each other too well.

"and who is this?" a blonde haired boy asked bianca after they sat down at a table.

bianca smiled a smile, one brighten than any ella has seen before, at the blonde haired boy.

"this is ella, she's new to town, and lives in my apartment building."

i forced a smile and waved. "hello," she trailed off, waiting for the boy to introduce himself.

"i'm luke, nice to meet you ella. but if you excuse me," he grabbed bianca and she giggled at him. "i'm going to steal bianca for a bit."
ella smiled again and nodded.

she didn't really mind being alone for now.

yes, she knew she was new in this town, and this was exactly what she needed to do - be in a public area, and make acquaintances, if not friends.

ella sighed softly and got up, knowing that she had to put aside her annoying personality and actually talk to people.

she walked over to the food table where ella saw a young girl, one about her age. she looked... dark. she didn't really have a mood to her, she just seemed gloomy and she was alone in the back staring at the wall by the table.

"hi," ella introduced myself. she didn't flinch. "i'm ella, i'm new to town."

not a single movement. ella began to be inpatient.

"hello?" ella snapped. "girl with the black bows in her hair?" the girl turned to look at ella. her eyes dilated black, and flashed away.

ella had to catch herself before she feel out of her fright.

 what the hell was that?

ella decided to give up on the whole making friends thing and leave. if anyone were in her position really, why would you stay? this wasn't a cliche horror movie, ella knew she had to get back home.

ella didn't bother to look for bianca; she was probably too into whatever luke was saying to listen.

she remembered the way back to home, and soon enough, after running home in fear, she locked her doors and sat down on a chair elliot set up for her.

she put her hand through her hair and took out her phone. she went onto the 'e' contacts and tapped on elliot's name. his name flashed across the screen as she waited for him to pick up.

ring, after ring, after ring, he didn't answer. ella picked up her legs and adjusted them so she could hug them.

what do i do? 

i just got frightened by some...thing. 

elliot won't pick up the phone - which rarely happens.

ella rocked back and forth, biting her lips so hard that their was blood.

ella was nervous that night.

ella wasn't smiling that night.

ella wasn't herself tonight.

hell, ella didn't sleep tonight.

what the fuck just happened is all i can say

i just keep putting cliff hangers oops

okay, so dedication dEFFINITLY goes to kay, @ultracal, bc her comments on this book literally make my day 100% better omg tysm kay ily twin 

so, comment and vote x

also, go check out my new fanfic that is coming soon: it's called lockdown and it's a michael fic. you can find it on my profile :-)

-mari