Chapter 16 Part 2

Start from the beginning

                “What did you do that for?” Meeko complained, shaking out his wet hair.

                “I figured the doggie needed a bath.” She climbed from the water, wringing out her shirt, and pulling off her sopping boots.

                “How thoughtful of you.” Meeko said drily, following after her, a mutinous expression twisting his face. I felt my brow furrow in confusion. Why did Chamile keep making dog references about Meeko? His warm brown eyes shot over to me, as he tilted his head, as if he was reading my mind.

                “We’ll let you know eventually.” He smiled, but he suddenly flickered, as if a switch had been flipped. Cursing, he kneeled in front of me.  “Yea, yea, yea, I got the memo!” He yelled to the sky. Chamile nudged his shoulder.

                “If you’d stop getting distracted we’d already be done, stupid.” She chided.

                “Me? Distracted? Who’s the one who fell into the water first and dragged me with?” His eyes glinted childishly.

                “Fell? You make this seem like it’s my fault!” She gritted her teeth, crossing her arms over her chest.

                “I can’t help it if you’re clumsy.” Meeko shrugged. Chamile, blue eyes burning, slapped his head. “Ouch!”

                “So help me I’ll-”

                Both their figures flickered again, cutting her off, and the sky seemed to darken for a moment. Chamile glanced at the sky, sighing.

                “Calm down!” Meeko shouted, throwing his hands up, as he glared at the clear blue sky again. That’s when I noticed something. There was no sun. No clouds. Just an endless, dazzling blue.

                “Who are you talking to?” I questioned, confused. I was beginning to doubt the sanity of these two. Actually, I was beginning to doubt my own sanity as well. I shouldn’t be having dreams like this.              “Another time.” Chamile waved her hand nonchalantly. “Now, down to business. What’s bothering you?” Her eyes followed my movements, as did Meeko’s’, while I shifted uncomfortably.

                “Uhm…”

                “Just think of us as your personal therapist.” Meeko grinned, his hair turning fluffy as it began to dry.

                “I don’t need a therapist.” I responded flatly.

                “Then a diary. Or a bff. Or whatever the hell you want to call it.” He shrugged.

                “Shut up, you’re not helping.” Chamile hissed, flicking him across the nose, just as she had the first time they appeared in my dreams. His eyes bugged out, while he cupped his nose, glaring at her.

                “I swear if you do that again-” And before he could finish his sentence, he disappeared, a breeze occupying where he had been only a moment before.

                “Somebodies in trouble.” Cam sang, shaking her head.

                “W-where did he…?”

                “Doesn’t matter. He’ll be back later. Now talk to me.” She said, resting her narrow chin on one petite fist. I hadn’t realized how pretty she was. It made me uncomfortable. Jealous, even.