Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Saxon

                I stayed up the rest of the night, working on the papers Marc didn’t have the energy to finish. I couldn’t sleep. My wolf wouldn’t let me. He was too worried about her.

I have a reason to be worried.

‘You nearly Shifted.’

I have to see if she’s ok.

‘We’d know if she wasn’t.’

Saxon…

‘No. We’ll see her in the morning. At school.’

I don’t like school.

‘It’ll be fine.’

Do we have to go?

‘If you want to see your mate.’

Ours.

                I sighed, running my hand through my hair. I couldn’t do this. I couldn’t accept this girl as my mate. She was driving me crazy. Was it possible to reject a human who didn’t know what you were yet? Before my wolf could so much as comment on my thoughts, I turned the idea down. I wouldn’t do that to him. I couldn’t. So I guess I had only one more option. I had to talk to her. I had to apologize. I had to get her to like me. I didn’t think that would be very difficult, though. She’d feel the pull soon enough. What would I have to do to earn her trust? I couldn’t ask Dakoda. Marc didn’t really trust my ability to keep my wolf calm and his own wolf wasn’t going to risk putting her in the same room as me. Liza wasn’t an option either. She was pissed at me for whatever reason or another. I still couldn’t understand why. Did I say something wrong?

You’re getting off topic.

‘What do you want me to do?’

There’s really only one other option.

‘Wing it?’

Bingo.

                The world seemed to be against me when it came to talking to Ginger. We had a test in US history and if someone so much as breathed too loud, Mr. Thomson was threatening to send them to the principal’s office, and for whatever reason, Ginger wasn’t in math class. I wasn’t entirely sure how I felt about that. My wolf hated it. I had to admit I was a little worried too. During third hour I spent the entire class tapping my foot anxiously against the floor. Liza glared at me through most of it, but didn’t say anything. Marc fell asleep on his desk. Dakoda was tense. My stomach was alive with nerves. Where the hell had Ginger gone?

                Thankfully, she was in lunch.  Striding into the cafeteria, I saw her sitting with a couple of her friends, talking to them amiably. I walked right over, sliding into the seat beside her. The table went silent, their cool gazes turning towards me. Ginger froze mid-sentence, a faint blush on her cheeks. Cute.

                “We need to talk.” I told her seriously. I had to do this. I couldn’t keep ignoring everything. She was my mate. I had to accept that. I knew if anything were to happen to her, my wolf would never forget it and I would be stuck living in regret for the rest of my life. I wouldn’t let that happen. Besides, a tiny part of me knew if I ever saw anyone show her any type of affection that was more than friendly, I would tear their throats out without a second thought.