Chapter 11

***WARNING*** MENTION OF DEPRESSIVE THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS.

Chapter 11

Saxon

‘That certainly made me feel like an idiot.’ I muttered to my wolf. It was 6th hour, so I was in work shop. I still couldn’t believe I had said that to Ginger. This girl was getting to my head way too quickly for my liking.

Well, it worked, considering the look she had on her face when you left her alone. My wolf snorted. He had been more than happy that I had helped out Ginger with her little ‘problem’. Apparently he thought I was doing my job and ‘protecting’ her, like any wolf should his mate.

‘Mhm. I guess so.’ I was currently trying to convince myself I would’ve done it whether or not Ginger was my mate. I was doing a horrible job at it, but I would try my damn hardest. I wasn’t going to allow myself to base everything around my mate. No. A stranger.

                “Well aren’t you just the most heroic Beta on the planet.” Someone hissed in my ear, scorn lacing their words. My eyes snapped to the guy beside me. He was at least two inches shorter than my 6’3 height, with brown hair and green-blue eyes. When he thought  no one was looking, he bared his canines at me. Werewolf. Nate.

Beta, my wolf growled, baring his own fangs, while my fists clenched. I should’ve guessed. If rival alpha was in the school, why not the freakin’ beta too? Grinning icily at him, I resisted the instinct to fight for dominance right now. I had to push away the feeling to show him I was stronger; more superior. Better. Beta.

My vision was tinted in red.

                “Kiss up some more and I might consider making you my sidekick.” The smirk fell from his face, while his fists clenched tighter than my own.

                “Careful,” Eye twitching, his lips curled into a scowl, “I bite.”

                “Well then, you should know,” My gaze was holding his in a stare-down, “I bite back.” Flashing my fangs quickly to avoid any of the humans catching sight of the razor teeth, I watched as Nate’s scowl deepened, moments before he left the table I was sitting at to go sit by a couple of his friends. They were his pack mates, identifiable by their alien, smoky scents. There was only one of my pack mates in this class besides me, but he was the Omega. I had no back up if any of them started a fight.

Why are those guys always trying to pick fights with us? My wolf growled, bristling.

‘Because they’ve been the top dogs for too long. Someone needs to show them their place.’

That would be a pleasure, my wolf snarled, fur bristling.

‘Yea.’ I agreed, trying to “focus” back on whatever the teacher was saying, but it didn’t last long as the intercom crackled to life.

                “Mr. Kramer, is Saxon Anderson here today?” The intercom blared, causing me and the other wolves to wince. They seriously needed to tone these things down, or talk quieter… or both. Mr. Kramer’s eyes scanned the class so I raised my hand half-heartedly.

                “Yes he is.” The long, steady drawl replied.

                “Send him to the office please.”
                “Ok, thank you.” Mr. Kramer sighed. “Anderson, you may go.” He waved at me in a shooing motion. Grabbing my books to leave, I made my way to the door, before a heard a group of snickers burst out in the room. Turning, I saw Nate and some of his crew making their way over to Brent, the Omega, all of them smirking. Brent blanched, his eyes seeking me out desperately. I was the Beta, so I had to protect him, but at the same time the teacher was eyeing me, waiting for me to go to the office. Brent was tall and lanky, too slim for his tall height, and even though he was stronger than most humans, these werewolves would beat him into kibble without breaking a sweat. Hence his title: Omega. I couldn’t leave him.