I ran away from home chpt 7

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry", I said again, but to my surprise, the only laughed.

"Don't worry about it, Mel. He'll be back to his normal glaring self in just a couple of hours."

His normal glaring self? Was he mocking me? Instead I asked,

"A couple of hours? Wouldn't it be better if I just went to apologize?" I started to get up, but was immediately dragged back down by Cole.

"I wouldn't go out there right now. He'd probably kill you on sight, so you wouldn't have time to apologize, anyways."

I felt my eyes widen in shock.

"He would... What do you mean he would kill me on sight?"

Cole's face grew pale under my stare, but Darren saved him.

"Not literary, of course. Cole's just kidding. Blade would never do such at thing." But I thought I caught something crossing between the two of them, like they had another one of those quiet conversations. My eyes narrowed while looking from one to the other, and I didn't believe Darren for a second. But still, I decided to let them think I did, so I put on a blank expression and sighed.

"So," I said, going back to previous subject, "will you let me go home or not?" I voice seemed to almost quiver. I REALLY wanted to go - I missed my dad something terrible. He was - in spite of all his faults - all I had left sense my mom died and my friend all started to avoid me almost five years ago for unknown reason, both at school and home.

They once again shared that special glance, and then Darren shrugged.

"Yeah. I guess we will. I mean, we don't have any reasons why we should keep you against your will. You'd probably just run away again anyway, so..."

"Yeah, you're right. I probably would", I laughed. I was feeling much better now that I knew I would be able to go home in the morning. Although I wasn't so sure they'd let me go home, if they knew what I'd be going home to. Sure, they were kind of weird the lot of them, and they sort of kidnapped me, I guess, but they seemed to be very decent guys. And, well, you couldn't really be scared of Cole if you actually knew the guy. I mean, come on - he sleeps in teddy bears, for Gods sake! Oh my God, I would never get over that fact!

I smiled. And then I yawned. Damn! That crying stuff totally beat me up. I was really tired. I tried to hide the yawn the best I could, but apparently, that wasn't good enough, because Cole caught me right in the act, and he studied my face with concern flashing over his own.

"You should really get some sleep, and then we'll take you home in the morning, Mel. OK?"

I just nodded, to tired to really argue. My whole body screamed for rest, and as I actually could give it what it wanted, I had no power what so ever to tell it no. so I stood up and climbed the stairs, almost crawling on my hands and knees. At the top I forced myself to stand and cursed myself for sagging the second after.

So I ended up crawling all the way down the hall, too.

When I woke up the next morning, I found myself lying on my bathroom floor, and realized that was as far as I ever got. Damn, I shouldn't have bothered with going in here in the first place. I was pleased that I was only half as stiff as I thought I would be from sleeping on the floor, but figured that was only because of the very fluffy, very orange rug that was covering half of it.

I got up and stretched, yawning while doing so. It wasn't that I was tired - I could sleep everywhere under any conditions - that wasn't the problem, but I hadn't lost all of my sleepiness as I usually did when I slept, even if it was on glass splinters (I actually did that once, after one of my dads fits of sudden anger when he had almost destroyed the house and beaten me half to death).

I washed my face in ice-cold water to clear my mind a little, and then I walked out of the room, and in to the bedroom, where I stopped in shock. This wasn't my room.

It was Blade's.

-----------------authors note--------------------

hi - sorry for the end of chap, but i couldn't resist it!

and i'm also very sorry for the time since last chap but i haven't really been in the mood to write on this story, so i simply haven't written anything.

so... what to tell about time passed? hm.. well, today my sister had her 'student ball'. you guys may call it prom, but it's not really like that - it wasn't just a dance of sort, and we don't have homecoming queens- it was more like a show of sort, i guess. family and friends pay entrance and get to watch.

i don't know.. they practised for months! - and not to brag or anything (OK, OK, maybe just a little, then) but my sister and her partner didn't do any (what i saw anyways) faults what so ever. most of the others were pathetic, though. you'd think that with all the practising they'd be a little better now, wouldn't you? it's four whole years til it's my turn and i hope i won't look that pathetic. well, actually, they were all pretty beautiful in the ball gowns, but their dance was horrible!

*sigh*

well, i shouldn't complain - espechally since i myself haven't done it yet and who knows - i might be terrible too.

as a whole though, it looked pretty amazing with all the colors, and - hahaha - my sister's date (well, her boyfriend) looked stiff as a plank. it was hilarious! he reminded me of mr Darcy from pride and prejudice - and since my sister was smiling all the time (like a bloody happy idiot), and they were ballroom dancing, of course she became elizabeth. it was simply beautiful!

OK, so now i'm done boring you all. not much happens in my life at the moment . i froze my but off today. you know, if anyone was wondering....

hmm... i'm sort of working on another story at the moment. it's about a tomboy being brutally (indirect) rejected by her best friend and secret crush, and becoming a model to better herself, i guess... well, i'm still working on it and i'm not even sure if i should post it online, or if i'd get trouble writing it then..

so just tell me if you'd be interested in reading such a story, OK? i'm not even sure it's all that good and so far nothing really happened - i'm right at the part where she's getting back to school after summer holidays and the guys will see her for the first time... i don't know, maybe it's not even worth reading... i will look it through, though, and edit quite a bit, i think, but i rather enjoy writing it actually (espechally since i know absolutely NOTHING about fashin or different kind of brands and all - i'm more of a wear-what-you-can-find-beside-your-bed kind of girl) but i'll try and make it OK.

so once again - tell me if you'd like to read it and if you have other ideas of --- for example what should happen next in "i ran away from home...." or if you have other ideas completely (if you'd like me to wirte a whole new story on some special subject and ideas for that one) and comment so i can change some things and make the story better.

--------------------------------

good song: SOMEBODY TOLD ME by THE KILLERS

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5fBdpreJiU&feature=PlayList&p=1B597765AA695906&playnext_from=PL&index=21

good movie: THE DUKES OF HAZZARD: THE BEGINNING from 2007 with JONATHAN BENNETT, RANDY WAYNE and APRIL SCOTT

link: http://www.letmewatchthis.com/watch-9437-The-Dukes-of-Hazzard-The-Beginning

----------------------------------------

comment and vote!!

comment and vote!!

comment and vote!!

xoxo