Chapter 30

The beveled panels of glass encasing the shower were fogged up matching the mirror. Steam off the water filled the room, slickening every surface. The TV in the bedroom had been tuned to a smooth jazz channel, soft music dancing through thick air. We'd turned all the lights off except for the four dimmed bulbs over the bathroom counter and the sun was just about to disappear into a sheet of blackness and twinkling stars.

Alec's soapy wet palm slid over one of my breasts, pausing to gently tease the nipple between his thumb and forefinger. I gasped into his ear, nipping at his earlobe while his hands trailed my body.

We'd been teasing each other like this since he ripped my clothes off over an hour ago. We touched each other in ways that brought the most erotic sounds from our mouths. But we had yet to have sex, much to my surprise. What was he waiting for? Usually we would be onto round four by now.

Breaking free from his grasp on my waist, I turned to face the showerhead, beginning to wash my hair. Confusion creased Alec's forehead.

"Did I do something wrong, Bree?" he asked, concerned.

I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair under the water.

"What did I do?"

I tugged my bottom lip between my teeth knowing it drove his hormones crazy. "It's what you didn't do."

My voice was soft, the noise of the shower almost blanketing my words. Alec's eyes dipped down to the apex of my thighs and I mimicked him, dragging my gaze from his face to the light peppering of hair that traveled from his navel to the place I most wanted to touch at the moment. I sighed in admiration when my focus landed on his hardened length.

"And what is it that you want me to do, sweetheart?"

His eyes bore into mine in a way that almost made me feel overexposed. But I felt confident. Overly confident. So confident, in fact, that I wanted everyone else on the executive floor to hear the sounds I imagined eliciting from Alec tonight.

I decided that Alec was right. I'd been overthinking and worrying too much. I'd been too stressed lately. I needed to take his advice and relax. And what better way to shed all that pent up frustration than by pinning Alec to the cool tiled wall and having my way with him?

"Bree?" His voice sent a chill up my spine.

I watched in anticipation as he stepped the few feet across the shower toward me. A thousand tiny beads of water cascaded down his torso. His hand grasped the base of his manhood when he stopped in front of me and I found myself chewing at my lip again, unable to look away.

Despite the hot water jetting over my back and shoulders, shivers still ran through me. My confidence still peaked, I decided to act bolder than I normally would with Alec. I usually let him do most of the work but tonight my goal was to see just how far I could push him before he lost control.

"Why don't you let me do that for you?" I said seductively.

Alec raised a brow. His hand stilled where it had been moving up and down his length.

"Oh?"

I'd never offered such a thing before. This was new to both of us.

"Well don't say it like that," I giggled sheepishly. "You'll throw off my courage."

A smirk rose to his lips and he nodded. His hand moved back to his side and he stood there waiting for me to make a move.

I quickly regained my composure and placed my palms flat on his chest. I took my time sliding my hands over his wet skin, taking in his impressive build and toned muscles. My mouth began to water as I once again found myself thinking back to times I'd stared in awe of him at the gym. It occurred to me that if I spent enough time in his arms I could see myself forgetting why there was ever a time when I didn't like him.