Happy Birthday

"Shut up. You're going to wake him up!"

"Stop whispering so loud."

"Both of you, shush."

Nick awoke to several voices, all unfamiliar in his drowsy state.

"Oh, good job! He's awake!"

"Shut up, Tommy!"

Nick's eyes cracked open at the mention of Tommy. He was greeted with the blurry image of several figures beside his bed. He struggled to grab his glasses before putting them on.

"Happy birthday, Nick!" Addie said, a bright smile on her face.

A smile appeared on his face. He had almost forgotten.

"Yeah, congratulations on being old," Tommy added while grinning.

"You're older than me," Nick commented as he pushed himself into a sitting position.

"That's irrelevant." Tommy received an elbow in his side from Ashlie. He let out a noise of protest.

"Shut up!" Addie said at the two before looked back at Nick. "Come on. Ate, Jon, and I made breakfast." She grabbed Nick's hand and pulled him out of bed and out of his room.

As Nick followed, he quickly caught a whiff of familiar but unfamiliar breakfast smells. Only a month ago he thought he wouldn't smell it again. But they escaped and everyone was safe and they were a family.

He grinned at the sight of two familiar figures rushing around the kitchen.

"I thought you guys were done!" Addie exclaimed, startling the other two.

"We were! But then Jon left the last batch of pancakes on the stove with the burner on and so they were burned," Ate quickly explained, pointing at Jon. The green-haired man across the island gaped at Ate.

"How dare you," He said with a shake of his head. "Either way, breakfast is now done. Uni! Come help set up!"

The oldest of the group let out a groan, clearly from the living room, before entering the kitchen. The rest of the group, that being Cory and Dawn, entered and helped Uni.

The group worked almost with grace while getting everything set up. Small talk and laughs anywhere from giggles to snorts came from all of them.

As Nick watched them all from Addie's side, he quickly became overwhelmed. He grew with these people for the past three years. He went through hell with them. He survived with them. He gained a family in them. He was shown love from them.

Everything piled on top of each other before tears started to run down his cheeks. Addie quickly noticed, becoming worried.

"Nick? Is something wrong?" She asked. He only nodded.

"Yeah," He whispered. "I just.. I love you all so much."

Addie quickly hugged the man beside her. "We love you, too."

Nick only hugged back. The teen smiled.

"Happy birthday, Nick."

A/N: It's just under an hour late (EST), but here's a little bit of a happy birthday to Nick!!