Paying back

Shikamaru fell forward and our lips met. They stayed there for a second just from shock. Once it actually registered in my brain that we were kissing I tried to scramble away. I didn't stop until I was about 5 feet from him. My face was either ghost white or cherry red, I couldn't tell. When I finally looked back up at Shikamaru his eyes were huge. I could see a light blush on his face. Really just a light blush? I feel like i'm cherry red. "I...uh...err..." I couldn't find any words. All of a sudden Shikamaru stood up and walked out of the room.

"Jeez! What's that about? I just helped him! He never would have done that on his own. He should be thanking me." Ino said, obviously not realizing that what she did wasn't ok. With out saying a word I stood up and walked over to Ino. "Now what are you doing?"

"You're so stupid!" I said while punching her face. She went flying into the wall. "WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO REALIZE THAT SHIKAMARU DOESN'T LIKE ME AND I DON'T LIKE HIM?!" I yelled furious. I have explained it to her so many times I don't know if I can take anymore of her stupidity.

About a minute later Asuma walked back in to the room. "Azuma what did you do this time?" He asked as he helped Ino up.

"Me?! It was Ino! She made me kiss Shikamaru!" I said flailing my arms everywhere.

"Yeah, I'm sure Ino threw herself into a wall," He said sarcastically.

"For all you know she could have."

"May I interject?" Ino said much more quiet than normal.

"No." I stated simply.

"Hush up you!"Asuma said obviously mad at me, "Yes go ahead."

"Well, Azuma shouldn't you be going after Shikamaru?" Ino asked

"Well, Ino, don't you owe mw an apology?" I stated simply.

"Why should I apologize for doing something to help Shikamaru?"

"You really are stupid, no wonder why Sasuke hates you," I said with an evil glint in my eye.  "anyway, you should apologize because you made me give my first kiss away to Shikamaru!" I stated.  But before Ino could reply Shikamaru walked back in with Choji.  We left without Shikamaru or me saying a word.  Gosh this has been a terrible trip!  First Tenzi, then I had to kiss Shikamaru! How could things get any worse? I asked myself.  Then out of nowhere those rouge ninja attacked us.  "I had t ask." Choji looked at me couriously for a second before turning his attention back to the attackers.

"It seems that we're too late for the scrolls, good thing theat's not the main reason why we came here!" They said, one of them dashed over and grabbed me by the hair.  He drugg me over to his partner,  They both nodded and speeded off with me in arms before anyone could do anything.  I reached down for a kunai, So close! If only they would stop moving.  I tried to move my leg a little closer.  Got it! I reached up for my hair and cut it!  I fell out of their grasp, and into Choji's arms?! Wait what's happening? I thought I would hit the ground! I mean I was in the tree tops, and why is Choji here? To rescue me?

"Are you ok Asuma?" Choji said putting me down.

"Yeah, thanks for the save!" I said.  I heard two thuds come from behind me,  I turned to find the people who caught me on the ground.  Asuma and Shikamaru jumped down right next to them.  Kunai right to the heart.  I walked over to them and put my hand on Asuma's shoulder.  "What do you think they wanted?" Asuma turned, so did Shikamaru.  

"Your...your hair!  What happened?" Shikamaru almost yelled.  

'What?" I said tilting my head slightly, then I remembered.  "Oh!  They had me by the hair, so I cut it off,  It kept geeting in the way, anyhow.  It's not like it had a purpose."  Shikamaru muttered somthing I didn't catch.  "What did you say? I didn't catch that," I said.

"I think it looked nice," Shikamaru said blushing.  What happened to that boy who kept teasing me when he had his shirt off?  Who is this new guy?  "We should get going." Shikamaru said walking forward.  

"Wait, where's Ino?"  I said looking around.  

"Oh, she's searching the surounding area, for traps," Choji said walking up to me.  We jumped into the trees to find Ino.  

"No traps in the surounding area, Asuma sensei," Ino said promptly.

"Look at that, you really are good for something!" I said.  Ino just scoffed.  The rest of the way back to the village was uneventful.  Every one was shocked that I had short hair.  Once we got back Shikamaru went back to his normal annoying self.  It has been three days since we got back from our mission.  I was in my cloud watching spot when I heard a voice.  It was Shikamaru.  

"Hey, I've been looking alover for you!" He said leaning over me, blocking my view of the clouds.  

"Why? What's so special about me?" I said closing my eyes.  

"Well you did promise me a meal," Shikamaru said offering me a hand up.  I pushed it away, and got myself back up.  

"Fine, where do you wanna go?  I don't really care, but I have to stop by my house so I can get my money,"  I said brushing my pants off.  

"let's go to Ichiraku's Ramen," Shikamaru said, offering me his arm, when I denied it he made a weird face, it was kinda like a mix of joking and sad, "But it's a date isn't it?"

"You know what happened on my last date, and I told you, i'm never going on a date again," I said pushing past him.

Shikamaru just scoffed.  'What ever, anyway, you still have to pay," He said walking next to me.  I just rolled my eyes, we walked back to my house in quiet.  

"Are you not going to invite me in?" Shikamaru said when I started to walk into the house.  

"Why do you even want to come in?"  I said turning around and leaning against the wall.

"Because I like to know where my team mates live!" Shikamaru said walking up to me.  

"What ever," I said turning around, walking in while putting my hand up.  I could hear Shikamaru walk up behind me.  I ran up the stairs into my room and began rummiging around.  I finally found my wallet, when I exited my room I found Shikamaru sitting down with Kiba, talking.  "Do you still wanna go?" I asked walking towards the door.

"Going on a date, huh sis?"  Kiba said teasing me.

"Why don't you come over here and say that?  No?  Then don't talk." I said turning to him.

"Whoa! Touchy much?" kiba said taking a sip of his tea.  I just continued out the door.

"Whoa! hang on!  Where are you going?" Shikamaru said still sitting.

"I'm going to Ichiraku's Ramen, you can tag along if you want, I don't really care one way or another." I said putting my hand back up, not bothering to turn around.  I could hear Shikamaru stand up and catch up to me, and with that we walked to Ichiraku's Ramen.