In the yard

The walk back to the house was uneventful, I shoved Shikimaru into a couple trees, but otherwise nothing much happened.  If I had known when opening the door to the house I would be attacked by a wild Ino, I would have gone around the back.  However I don't have the Byakugan so I was attacked.  She fired questions at me faster than kunai.  "Why are you out so late?  What did you do?  Why are you returning with Shikimaru?"  The questions just kept coming, I was able to push past her,  but Asuma was waiting for me in the main room.  

"Where have you been?" He said with his arms crossed, tapping his foot, Wow what is he? My dad?

"For your information I was on a date, but that won't be happening again any time soon..." I said trying to suppress the memory of tonight's date.

"That's not the point, i'm the team leader! I should know where you are at all times!"  Asuma said unfolding his arms.  He sounds just like a dad.

"I told you before I left that I was going on a date.  It's not my fault that you didn't listen," I retorted,  I just want to get out of these cloths, they're really uncomfortable!  Asuma stumbled for words and seemed to go into a train of thought.  I just walked pass him, I don't think I could be in those stupid cloths for one more second, I would have torn them off.  I went into my room, and didn't come out for the rest of the night.  This night there wasn't any thunder, so I got an amazing night of sleep.  I woke early in the morning, when I went into the living room I noticed that not even Asuma is up, Hmm must be earlier than I thought. 

"Is anyone up?" I whisper, so that I wake no one if I really am the only one up.  Ok well I'll just go outside and practice with Asuki, better go wake him.  It took a little convincing but I was able to get Asuki up.  The outside air was crisp and cold, I didn't mind though, I like the cold.  "Ok, Asuki what do you want to practice?  I think we have Fang over fang down, so what if we try that new jutsu?"  Woof!  "Alright, so let's practice Fang Rotating Fang!  BEAST HUMAN CLONE!" with a puff of smoke Asuki turned into a clone of me.  "Ok , Asuki, so let's try this chase your tail as fast as you can."  Asuki nodded and started to run rapidly in a circle.  I started to do the same, we need to practice the movement first.

"So this is you Jutsu huh?" a voice asked.  I know that voice!  But why is he here?  I stopped and skidded forward.  

"Tenzi?!" I asked in disbelief.  "What are you doing her?" I said regaining my cool, the words tasted of poison in my mouth, How could he dare show his face around here?  

"I decided to give you a second chance."

"I'm good, now leave!" I yelled, I didn't know it was loud enough to wake Shikimaru, but I wanted him gone so I didn't really care.  When he didn't start to leave that's when I really lost my temper.  "I told you to leave!"

"Actually I think I'm gonna stay here for a bit."

"I'm telling you, leave before things get ugly, oh wait, it already did when you arrived." I said putting my fists up.  

"Oh i'm so scared! What are you going to do?! Punch me?  You couldn't defend yourself last night, so what makes you think you'll be able to now?!" He said approaching me.  It's a good thing I had been practicing, otherwise I might not have been able to fight as freely as I was now.  When he got within grabbing distance I grabbed his hand and put it between his shoulder blades.  

"You scared yet?" I said, know that he probably wouldn't be able to talk.

"How are you this strong? You're only a girl!" He was able to squeak out.  I let him out of that position and into another.

"If you budge even a little you're shoulder will be dislocated.  So I recommend moving as little as possible."  I said, I knew these positions because when I was little Kiba had more physical strength then me, so I had to know how to defend myself.  Then I head a door open.  

"I head you scream what's wrong?!"  That was Shikimaru's voice!  I turn my head to look at him, Tenzi still in my grip.  He had his hair down, and it was really messy.  He's actually kinda cute like that.  What am I thinking?! No! No he's not! He's an arrogant little ass!  

"Huh, oh, I got it!  But thanks anyway," I turned back to Tenzi, "Do you give up yet?"

"Never!" he yelled, even though he was in immense pain.  I squeeze on him a bit then I hear a pop.  "OUCH! I think you dislocated my shoulder!" He yelled.

"I know I did!  NOW LEAVE! Before I really hurt you!" I said releasing him, and pointing to the gate guarding the backyard.  He scrambled to his feet and ran out the gate holding his arm.  "Now that he's out of the way for good," I said rubbing the dust off my hands. "Sorry to wake you."

"Umm...it's alright..." Shikamaru said stuttering for words, "Just remind me not to make you mad....how did you learn those?"

"I have my ways," I said with a smirk on my face.  "Any way, up for a game of Shogi?" I said making my way for the door, stopping in front of Shikiamru.

"Ummm.." He said trying to regain his thoughts, "No, thank you, we're gonna leave once everyone is awake."

"Ugh, fine, I'll go make breakfast then." I said pushing past him and into the house.  

~~~~One breakfast later~~~~

"Wow Azuma I didn't know you could cook!" Ino exclaimed.  

"Who did you learn this from?" Asuma said patting his stomach "You sure didn't learn this from your mother."

"It was really good!  Thank you." Shikamaru kinda mumbled.  What's wrong with him?  He's been acting weird all morning.

Next thing I know Choji is at my feet.  "Please marry me!  All you'll have to do is cook!  Please!"  Choji begged my hand in his.

"It's nice to know you all like my cooking, but it's not something I really like to do.  Also Choji, you have to be kidding me right?" I said blushing slightly.

"That's right!  He love is saved for Shikamaru!" Ino teased.  I just rolled my eyes, scoffed, and looked at Shikamaru, he was looking down at his feet.  Is he blushing?  No I must be seeing things.  "SEE!  She looks at him and tilts her head! A sure sign that she likes Shikamaru!"  Ino continued.  Note to self next time, poison her food.  I looked back at Shikamaru.  Ok, that's defiantly a blush, but why?  I'm really confused.  

Asuma stood up, and streached.  "We should probably get going, I'm gonna go inform the lord we are leaving, get you're stuff." and with that he left.  I got up to go and get Asuki, he wasn't a morning dog.  When I got back Choji and Ino weren't there, but Shikamaru was in the same position.  The blush was gone naturally, but he was still looking down.  Ok there's seriously something wrong with him.  I decided to put my face right in front of his to try and get him to move.  He didn't look me in the eye or anything.  Even though we were only inches away from each other.  I lightly grabbed his chin and tilted it up, that way I could easily look him in the eye.  We were both silent.  Then Ino walked in, saw the moment and took it.  She pushed Shikamaru forward so our lips would meet.