"Hey Mila, You feeling like dancing tonight? There's beer in the kitchen if you feel like you need some liquid courage, alright? I don't think I forgive myself if you didn't have a good time here tonight." He laughed and continued walking, this time up to Brad and Zayn.

"Colson, my man!" Brad laughed. "So where is that stronger alcohol hiding, huh?"

Colson laughed, "Yeah, I think Justin's supposed to bring it any minute now. For now I'm stuck with some beers in the fridge but you can make yourself at home, you're welcome to chug all of it, man!"

"I'll wait for the strong stuff." Zayn laughed and shook his head. I can stand remembering a bit of tonight if it means I can get completely wasted later."

"That's my dude." Colson laughed, giving him a pat on the back and walking off again. His job as host really did include short conversations with the numerous people who had already showed up and who could tell by the looks of Shawn sitting alone that this one would be his shortest yet.

"Hey dude, what's up?" Colson rustled the boy's hair. "You're just like Cabello over there, sitting down and not dancing or anything. Lighten up a bit, man." He laughed and walked off.

Shawn rolled his eyes and scoffed, looking across the room at Camila, who was completely oblivious to his presence. He sighed, looking down at his cup of soda and standing up, walking past Camila and out of the room. He walked up stairs, past the couples making out against the walls and people grouping towards the top conversing. When he turned the corner and walked down the hallway was when he spotted his project partner.

"Justin!" He called for him as he met the boy at the end. "You know one of these days you're going to have to actually show up to one of the times we have set to work on the project in the library."

Just smiled goofily and swayed a but as he turned to see him. "I'm sorry dude, I'm sorry. I'm just really not feeling it, you know? My laziness goes through the charts during projects that are about things I don't give a damn about." He chuckled and hiccuped mid sentence.

"Jesus, what are you three hiding back here?" Shawn asked as he raised a brow and inspected the two other boys laughing and whispering to each other.

"I'm not hiding anything. This is publicly advertised alcohol, my friend. What, I don't suppose you'd want any?" Justin laughed.

Shawn responded by pouring the rest of his sprite out on the carpet and holding his now empty cup out in his direction.

"Damn really?" Shawn nodded again in confirmation. "No way, straight?" Shawn nodded again. Justin pulled out the clear and blue bottle and poured some into the boy's cup, filling it up half way. "Knock yourself out, dude."

Shawn began walking away, taking a sip of the alcohol and wincing as it burned his throat.

__________

Camila was sitting on the couch, tapping her fingers to the song playing. She wondered if Shawn was here for a split second but then cleared her mind, trying to think of happier things. She was here with Lauren. The girl who was her new friend. Maybe even best friend. Assuming she could ignore the fact that she was quite clearly attracted to the soft skinned girl.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the song began to fade out and the new one began to play. She smiled as she listened to the beginning of the now familiar song, Girls by The 1975.