Machinations of a Monster

Introduction

Far beyond this realm, there exists a place of benevolence. A place ruled and governed by mysterious creatures, each with its own bizarre lifestyle, as they are free to choose what they want to be. The creatures have strange powers, some can shapeshift, some can cross realms, some hold a strong power inside of them, but the only one who can use all of these at once is the ''prince''. Or, what us mortals would call a prince, over there it is simply the social structure; the child of the largest creature becomes the new de-facto leader. Though however alien this realm may sound, they share many similarities to us beneath the surface.

These creatures have a name that sounds utterly alien to us. They are known as the Xqqapikalits, the only way to speak it in human tongue. The newest ''prince''of these Xqqapikalits was different from the rest; while the majority of these creatures are benevolent and mean no harm towards other species of the universe, this one had bad blood.

Despite its parents being friendly leaders to the community, their child was far less so. When it was created its parents felt like something was off and the child only added fuel to the fire once it completely obliterated another, weaker realm for, in its words:

"Being fundamentally useless".

Its first act once it gained the power and came of age, becoming no longer a child, but an entity, was to destroy its home realm. The entity, with a little smile on its "face", separated each Xqqapikalit from each other with the sharpest object it could possibly conjure, trapping them individually in a glass box that, if they touched it, it caused them insufferable pain, but so they were just out of reach of conversation. Eternal pain. Even for its parents.

The entity grew bored with causing eternal suffering for its home realm, and decided to set off and torture other locations. Xqqapikats were welll known throughout the galaxy for being friendly, peaceful creatures. But this Xqqapikat, as we have previously stated, is not like that.

Hook Man

Chad turned the key to the ignition. It was time for him and his girlfriend to go on a proper date, after a prom night and being declared the best school couple. They had decided to go to the Lover's Lane, up on the hill on 24 Street. It was all rather peaceful and lovely.

When Chad and his girlfriend had got up the hill, they were getting ready to "get it on", in Chad's words. They had turned on Forever FM on the radio to have some romantic music, to fit the news. It was their first time. When they turned on Forever FM, they were treated to a surprise: an emergency broadcast. The man on the radio, who sounded like a hoarse horse, ominously described the situation: there was a mysterious man on the loose with a hook for a hand, who gruesomely disembowls his victims, and he said that the mysterious man was headed to Lover's Lane. This startlingly startled the two lovebirds, and, in Chad's words, they decided to "leg it" down to home.

Chad drove his girlfriend back to her house at the speed of light. He might be a bit gruff but he cares for her. She got out fast, not even having enough time to say goodbye, but then the man came. Hook man. His first action was to grab Chad's girlfriend with his real hand, then he proceeded to disembowl her by sticking his Hook Hand in her. Chad could not do anything about this. He was shaken. But that was not it for the Hook man. He proceeded to gouge her eyes out of their sockets, use the Hook to cut off her arms, chopped them into little bits and force fed them to Chad. Poor, poor Chad. As a final goodbye to Chad, the Hook Man stuck his hook all the way through the remains of his girlfriend's eye sockets, so that it was coming out the back. The Hook Man was not nice enough to put Chad out of his misery, and left him there with half an arm in his mouth, a sobbing wreck. Needless to say, Chad was traumatized, left a lump in his car and never recovered from this event. Poor Chad.  He had witnessed his girlfriend be mutilated by a mysterious hook man. Wouldn't you be traumatized from that?

The entity then flew away.

The Drowning

There were stories on the news about a missing child. About six years of age, they said, female with a pink shirt. Her last seen location was near a river. The parents would give whoever found the child a good sum of money. The entity thought that he could make the most of this child, and decided to fly to her location, disguised as her father. The entity told the child, as her father, that it would take the child back home if she just stepped in this box right here.

Before the entity did anything to her, it decided to make her immortal. It would be useful for later. He asked the child to step into this box. The box was 10 square inches, with a gold casing on it. The child stepped in the box. The entity closed the box, it picked up the box, then it threw the box into the river.

The child would be stuck in this box forever. The child did not know what their "father" was thinking, throwing them into this box, and the child also did not know why they were not just drowning. Needless to say, they were horrified and subjected to a cruel fate; such is the entity.

The child's family was in disarray. The mother had saw this event on the news, thinking the father did it, and in a hysterical fit of rage, beat the father until he had succumbed to death. It was not the father's fault.

This is what the entity does to people.

Destruction

Bored of simply destroying personal lives from the inside, the entity decided to start operating on a grander scale. He started his massacre of the Earth by melting the ice caps; you see, even when attempting the genocide of millions, the entity likes to take it slowly. After he had successfully melted the ice caps, causing irreversible damage, he caused lightning and thunder to come crashing down like boulders, onto people's houses, burning them up. Adding to the utter carnage, the entity decides to rain down meteors and asteroids onto cities, killing thousands more, and this is not to mention the unspeakable things he does, to individual people, in his sick disguises.

Return

An Xqqapikalit can summon someone it needs if it is a desperate emergency. In this case, they would like to ask their son "why"?

"Why would you do this"?

asks the mother, bewildered as she and the rest have been watching the acts the entity has been committing. For this brief conversation, the entity lets them out of the glass.

"Well, mother, I do it because there's nothing better to do. You're so benevolent, mother, never interfering with other lives. Why would you be nice, mother, when it's far more entertaining to cause suffering? Watching the reactions of these little creatures, when you destroy them and everything they care about... it fascinates me, mother."

"You're disgusting. The reason we were created by the Alkaliqas was for peace. We were designed to look over races, help them thrive and prosper from the background."

"To put it simply, I just find that uninteresting."

With that, the entity traps his mother back in the glass, and flies back to other planets. It  was once again getting bored with the hell it had caused on earth, killing millions in several different, brutal ways, and so it  destroys it. With the flick of a finger, that's it. Earth is gone.

It was at this point, that I, the narrator, began to wonder. What are the machinations of a monster? Does this being have any reason for causing endless suffering and death around the galaxy? No. It does this because it's enjoyable to it. Drowning children is enjoyable to it. Disemboweling girls is enjoyable to it. You can't reason with a being of such pure, unmotivated evil, its one life wish is to eternally plunge the universe into despair. It cannot be spoken to, it cannot love, it cannot feel sympathy.

And it can't be stopped.