•24•

S T E P H E N

I go to the door and check if Ayesha is still outside. Luckily she is. Her head down and her face filled with guilt.

"Ayesha." I call out softly. She looks up and starts walking towards me. I open the door enough for her to come in. She sits down and immediately apologizes.

"I am so sorry Steph I can get so jealous some times and I just really want us to work." She says sincerely. I began to feel guilty and almost start backing out of what I was initially going to do. Almost.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about Ayesha. We can't be together anymore." I sigh. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What?" She breathes out in disbelief. I shake my head trying to stand my ground on my decision. "It's because of her isn't it?" She immediately accuses which makes anger arise in me.

"No it's not. I realize that I'm not in the state to care for you like you deserve to be cared for. See now you want to act like a bitch and immediately jump to conclusions." I spit. Regret soon fills her eyes.

"I'm sorry it's just you've been acting more distant than normal lately." She sighs rubbing her hands through her hair.

"I know and I'm sorry I wasted your time. I just can't do this it isn't fair to you the way I've been treating to you. God knows that you are such an amazing girl and you deserve an amazing guy, but I'm just not that guy right now. I need to get myself together first. I need to find myself and love that person before I can start loving you." I tell her letting it all out and surprisingly not a sight of anger is over her face. She nods understandingly. She comes up and kisses my cheek ever so softly.

"I understand. Take care of yourself Steph. I wish you the best." She whispers before picking up her purse and leaving. When I finally hear the door shut I breath. A weight lifted off my shoulders one I never knew was there. I close my eyes relaxed for once. Now it's time to take care of me for once and get my act together.

*few days later*

A A L I Y A H

It's been a couple days since last speaking to Steph and it's been all over the news about him and Ayesha breaking up. I hope he doesn't think this is gonna get me back cause I told him we are just friends. Lately Klay and I have been together none stop. Yesterday he took Marcie and I to get ice cream and he's been so good get with my little one it's the cutest sight to see. Today he offered for us to go to his practice and of course Marcus couldn't turn the offer down. If it was just me I would've told him some other time, but since I know how much Marcus wants this I'm doing this for him despite how much the sleep is calling my name. I hear a knock sound on the door signaling klay's arrival.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles and kisses my cheek. I giggle all giddy.

"Hey babe." I greet back and open the door wider for him to come in. I don't know if I would say me and Klay were an item, but I know we definitely aren't just friends.

"Klaaaaaaaaay!" My little boy yells and jumps into Klay's arms.

"Hey little man wow you are getting so big and heavy." He chuckles saying the last part to himself. "Y'all ready?" He asks still holding Marcus. I nod and Marcus only gives a giant smile practically beaming. "Lets go then." Klay says and waves us along. Marcus jumps down and runs to the car almost tripping over his feet.

"Be careful don't wanna have any boo boos." I coo and he nods.

"Sorry." He whispers. I kiss his head then buckle him in the seat. I really need to get him a car seat, but I just haven't had the time. I make a mental note of picking one up later today. The ride was about 15 minutes of Marcus singing to almost every song on the radio even the ones he didn't know which made us all burst into laughter. Finally we get there and Marcie is still one big ball of energy. Klay gets pulled into the locker room while I take Marcus and I to our seats.

"Now we can't bother Klay baby he has to focus." I tell him making sure he understands. He nods waiting for them to come out. Steph is the first one out and waves at me happily. I frown. Oh no he thinks because of what he did its just gonna make everything seem like it never happened. I'll talk to him later. Klay comes out in some gym shorts and a black muscle shirt that clung to his body. Boy must I say he looked good. Marcie yells and claps while I laugh at his excitement. As practice went on Marcus screamed every time Klay made a shot and did good foot work or ball handling. The practice was about 3 hours and a half long. Marcus fell fast asleep once it hit 2 hours. The boys went back to the locker room. Klay came out first.

"Could you hold Marcus? I need to go to the bathroom real quick." I ask. He nods taking him out of my hands. I walk to the bathroom and I jump at the sound of a voice.

"Hey Aaliyah." A familiar voice greets. I turn around.

"Oh Steph." I say my tone comes off uninterested.

"What's wrong with you?" He says his face laced in confusion by my attitude.

"Why?" I ask all of a sudden. He looks at me.

"Why what? Are you feeling ok?" He questions putting his hand on my forehead. I slap his hand off.

"Why'd you break up with her for me I told you we were just friends this isn't gonna make me change my mind." I state my hands crossing in front of my chest. He laughs as I start to get upset. What was so funny?

"Aaliyah I didn't break up with her for you I did it for myself not everything I do is going to be towards you." He says still laughing slightly. I frown suddenly embarrassed by my assumptions.

"Oh I'll just go." I mumble not looking at his eyes. He lifts my chin up.

"No need to get embarrassed I'm just trying to get my act together." He whispers and then walks away. I shiver.

"Aaliyah you done? About time lets go." Klay suddenly comes and rushes me out the door. I only laugh at his need to leave. I shake my head. Maybe things were finally looking up.