•9•

(A/N) This is a filler kind of but it's important so you can understand the next part get ready. love you all I appreciate comment and vote.<3

Aaliyah POV

        I get in my car and rest my head on the steering. "where could he be?" I whisper to myself. Suddenly there is a tap on the window making me jump.

"Excuse me ma'am you have to move your car this is a no parking zone." a male voice calls on the other side of the window. I look up to see the mailman.

"Oh i'm sorry." I apologize rolling down the window. He gives me a nod along with a small smile before turning back to the small vehicle.

"Wait!" I called out to the small man.

"Yes ma'am." he answer back squinting his eyes slightly as the sun turned our way.

"By any chance would you know where Mr. Curry has gone?" I ask hoping to find some kind of answer or any clues that could lead me to him.

"It depends who's asking." He states his lips turning into a tight line.

"I'm Aaliyah I'm currently with Mr. Curry and he left me this letter but I need to find him I'm really worried about him." I ramble saying more than I wanted to. I take out the letter showing it he nods.

"He told me not to tell where he was off to but I'm gonna tell you only because I see you genuinely are worried." He explains. He looks off into the distance when he sighs and opens his mouth to tell me..

Earlier that day

I was standing doing my usual delivery route when Mr. Curry walked out in a rush.

"Hey Mr. Curry I have a delivery for you." I tell him holding out the box. He gives a small smile.

"What did I tell you about calling Mr. Curry." He said and takes the box.

"I'm sorry Steph I just don't wanna disrespect you." I tell him like usual. He shakes his head.

"Um I gotta go uh dont send my mail here anymore." He paused. "In fact." He paused once more and started looking for a small paper to write on.

"Here." I said and gave him a small paper and pen. He gave me a toothless smile as thanks. Once he was done he gave me both the paper and pen back.

"I'll miss you sir." I gave him a nod.

"Me too." He said

"And that was it." The mailman said. "But somehow I knew that when he said me too it was more than what it meant to be." He explained I nodded.

"Do you have the paper." I ask not wanting to sound rushed. He nods and digs in his pocket taking the small pink crumble paper in my hand.  "Thank you so much." I say smiling.

"No problem." He says and walks back to his car. I beep one last time and I was on my way.

Steph POV

I ran I know it was a stupid move on my part but I couldn't handle holding the guilt in. Knowing I could be the reason why she couln't move on and be happy. She didn'tu need me she was independent and beautiful. Thats why I gave her to Klay I know he would be good for her better than I could be. This was better for the both of us. Our relationship became toxic. I needed a new start I didnt what I was gonna do about basketball I'll figure it out. Somehow.