•2•

Aaliyah POV
I wake up off the bathroom floor.

"Babe!" I call for Steph but silence is the only response I get. I slowly walked down the hall peeping into every other room. Reaching the kitchen I see him looking at the tv.

"Hey babe." I smile but he keeps watching the tv ignoring me. "Stephen." Moving closer I tap him confused on what's going on. He flinches at my touch. Wardell's grabs the remote and turns off the tv.

"What is this Aaliyah?" He holds up the small piece of paper that had Zach's number on it. I don't answer because I don't know how.

"Are you cheating on me?" He said calmly but I could tell he was holding hell back.

"No." I said. His hand met the wall causing an indentation.

"Don't fucking lie!" He yelled causing me to flinch. I never seen Stephen so mad. His once lively green eyes were now black and it honestly scared me. I could tell he didn't know what he was doing which scared me more.

"Please Steph it was just some guy I met he was just asking me for help for a gift for his girlfriend." I cried. He shook his head and just looked at me.

"How do I know your not lying?" He questioned. My face dropped.

"You think I'm lying to you Wardell?" I answered. He just stayed quite.

"Every night I wait for you and you think I'm cheating when a nice guy actually wants to befriend me?" I laughed bitterly. He tried to talk but I stopped him.

"Why do I even try?" I asked as I slid down the wall looking away. He just looked at me thinking. Maybe rethinking our relationship.

"Why don't you love me?" I whispered looking up at him. His face fell. He came up to me and sat next to me and intertwine our hands.

"I'm sorry." He says in my ear and pushes some of my hair back. I just laid my head on his shoulder. I knew this wouldn't change anything but it was nice to just rest and not worry for once.

*Hours Later*

I wake up on the couch the house vacant. I sigh. Even though I knew nothing was gonna change was it wrong of me to still have hope? I shake my head. What was I gonna do today? Looking around the room I see the small piece of paper. Picking it up I look at the sloppy writing and it somehow makes me smile.

"Should I really do this?" I whisper to myself.

"Do what?" I jump at the sound of Steph's voice.

"I thought you were gone." I said slowly. He shook his head and smile.

"Nope I'm off of work today." He said smiling. So maybe he isn't cheating.

"So what do you want to do today baby girl." I giggle at the pet name he gives me.

"The mall." I answer he give me a playful groan but I just shake my head laughing.

We enter the big mall I stand there looking at him.

"What?" He asks a smile inching on his face.

"Nothing your just so handsome." And for the first time he game me a genuine smile not one filled with pity or because he was drunk but because he was happy.

"Now let's go to Hollister!" I yell dragging him behind me. We arrive at the place.

"Go ahead." I said to him pushing him closer to the clothes.

"What do you mean go ahead this is your time." He says kissing our intertwined hands. Butterflies pop up in my stomach as I smile.

"That's sweet and all but I want you to pick out my clothes for me." I insist he lick his lip and smiles evilly before delving into the rack of clothes.

Before I know it my hands are full of clothes as Steph pushes me into the dressing room.

"Not so touchy." I tease he pecks my lips and waits outside the dressing room. I try on the first outfit. Black jeans with an Adidas shirt and Adidas shoes to match. It was cute. My man had style. I start to undress when I hear his voice.

"Yeah babe I told you already, you can't be calling me when I'm with her she is gonna start getting suspicious."  He waits for a response

"Okay I'll see you in about 30 minutes okay and yes we are still on for tonight."

My heart broke. He didn't love me nothing changed he was the same and so was I, broken and gullible. I go out with my best fake smile. I couldn't let him tear me down, well at least not yet.

"What do you think?" I ask turning around looking in the mirror. He comes up and kisses my neck a couple times.

"It's looks on you perfect just perfect." He says. Kissing my neck once more and as his lips leaves my skin, my skin burns in disgust. How could someone kiss me then kiss another?

"Oh and I gotta head out for work so I gotta drop you off ." He tells me squeezing
my hand. His head turns and I wipe my neck and lips trying to take away his imprinting on me mentally and physically. As I sit in the car I try to sit as far as possible away from him without falling out the car.

"You okay?" Wardell asks touching my thigh which causes me to flinch.

"Just a little under the weather." I say turning to look out the window. In the corner of my eye I see him just nod taking away his hand leaving my thigh cold like my heart. We finally arrive at the house. I don't hesitate to open the door and get out the car without saying goodbye. Slamming the front door I watch him drive out the drive way to see the girl who had what I didn't have, his love. I search around the house for the paper that I desperately needed right now. Finally finding it I pick it up and dial the number. After a couple rings a male voice answers.

"Zach?" I ask unsurely.

"Aaliyah." He says making me blow out a breath of relief I didn't know I was holding.

"Could you pick me up?" And that was all I had to say before he asked me for my address and he was on his way. I didn't know if this was the right decision to call Zach especially since Stephen isn't a big fan of him but it felt like the only decision that was left.