"It's who I really am. More solid in writing than in the body I inhabit. I find myself there better than when I look in the mirror. I'm kind of captured there. Like a photograph." Harry explained.

Zayn looked at him, feeling weak.

"I really love when you get like this, Harry. Being yourself."

Harry stared back at him, blushing just a bit.

"I feel so close to you. Everything feels more real, and clear. Your words just give me goosebumps and I can't explain how happy they make me." Zayn said.

Harry swallowed. "I guess it's a shame I tried to hide this part of myself, then. The real me."

"Please don't." Zayn begged, looking into his eyes.

"It just feels weird to...take the mask off, you know? It's kind of scary." Harry admitted.

"Burn the mask." Zayn insisted.

"I'm like a turtle without a shell, though." Harry chuckled, his heart pounding.

"I'll be your shell." Zayn said, serious as ever.

"Yeah?" Harry smiled.

"Absolutely. I'll do everything I can to protect you Harry. Sure, I'm there to protect...the masked side of you, and that side of you attracts me, no doubt. But this side? This side drives me wild. This side is the side that I would die to protect. I'm obsessed. Maybe because I get to see it so rarely." Zayn said.

"I'm sorry. It's just hard. I've been acting for so long." Harry said.

"I've honestly forgotten what it feels like to be myself. How sad is that?" He asked tearing up.

"Let me help you remember. Let it out around me. Be the real you. Just start with being yourself around me and we'll go from there." Zayn said.

"Okay." Harry said as Zayn wiped his tears away.

Zayn smiled some. "I want to read what you wrote about me."

"Of course you do." Harry chuckled, taking the old journal back.

He found the latest one, flipping to where he first started writing about Zayn.

"In the beginning what I wrote wasn't very nice." He warned.

"Okay. Skip to the nice part and let me read it." Zayn shrugged.

Harry flipped a few pages, stopping and handing the journal to Zayn.

Zayn read it, smiling.

"He looked at me today and I felt like I could've melted." Zayn read one part aloud.

Harry blushed.

Zayn read on, smiling the whole time.

"The way he walks drives me crazy. I don't know why I can't get him off my mind. I'm so attracted to his personality and don't care attitude. Maybe because I know deep down he really does care." Zayn read, blushing. 

"Guess you had me figured out from the beginning, didn't you?" Zayn chuckled, glancing at him.

"Well yeah. I thought about you all the time, so of course I did." Harry smiled.

"I can't focus in class because of him." Zayn read.

"You are quite distracting." Harry chimed in.

"I wonder if he'd ever let me wear that leather jacket."

Zayn looked at Harry, who shrugged. "It looks really good on you and I always imagined me saying I was cold and you letting me wear it."

"I could get lost in his eyes." Zayn smiled as he read.

"That's still true." Harry smiled.

Zayn chuckled, flipping a few pages. "Oh, your last entry." Zayn realized.

"Yeah." Harry sighed, putting the other journals back in the box while Zayn looked at it.

"Things with him and I have been beyond perfect. He means more to me than anyone. So much it's scary." Zayn read.

Harry and Zayn both smiled, glancing at each other until Zayn went back to reading and Harry looked back down at the box.

Zayn's cheeks then turned red, his smile fading as his eyes read over the last part.

"I know that I'm in love with him, but I'll never have the guts to say it..." Zayn trailed off, looking at Harry, who had frozen.

Eventually Harry looked back at him, nervously clearing his throat.

"I um, guess my soul should get dressed now."

××××××××××××××