016

Harry and Zayn ended up going to the park, strolling around and chatting because Harry got tired of driving.

Zayn didn't understand how he could ever not like driving such a nice car, but he kept that to himself.

"Are you going to be okay opening night?" Harry decided to ask.

"What d'you mean?" Zayn asked.

"Your anxiety. I'm guessing it'll be worse opening night."

"Oh. I don't want to think about that right now. I'll worry about it when it happens." Zayn said.

"Okay." Harry said quietly, not wanting to upset him.

"Look." Zayn smiled, pointing at the ducks waddling into the pond.

Harry smiled, stopping to watch them.

"Let's go sit over there." He said, seeing a bench.

Zayn followed, sitting down next to him.

"Look, babies." Harry smiled, chuckling at the ducklings rushing to keep up.

Zayn smiled a little.

"Seeing things like that makes me think maybe life doesn't suck so much after all." Zayn admitted.

"Yeah?" Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, it's very...pleasing to see. Warms my heart some. That's rare. Sometimes I really struggle to find beauty or happiness in anything." He continued to admit, internally telling himself to shut up.

Harry looked at him. "I know what you mean but I don't think beauty is hard to find."

"Why not?" Zayn asked skeptically, looking back at him.

"Look around. There's beauty everywhere." Harry shrugged.

"I guess." Zayn said quietly, looking back at the ducks.

"I read somewhere once that ducks mate for life." Harry said.

"That's swans."

"Oh. Well I still think it's a good idea." Harry said.

"What?" Zayn chuckled.

"I think it'd be cool if humans mated for life too. Maybe there'd be less...sexually transmitted diseases and uncertainty and heartbreak." He said.

"How would that work, though? The first person you have sex with is the one you mate for life with?" Zayn asked.

"Suppose so." Harry nodded, immediately seeing the flaw.

Zayn chuckled. "Yeah maybe it's best we don't mate for life."

"I'd be stuck with Louis." Harry thought out loud.

"Stuck with? You're so romantic." Zayn chuckled.

"I didn't mean it like that. I just...I believe in variety. I mean not right now because I'm happy with Louis but maybe in the future." Harry said.

Zayn looked at him. "What kind of variety could you possibly be talking about? Girls?"

"No. I don't think I could find a girl with a big dick and a handsome voice who would play with my hair and maybe call me a few private nicknames and spoil me." Harry said.

"Well you never know." Zayn laughed.

"So sounds to me like you wouldn't be with a girl because you want to be the girl."

"If you want to put it that way." Harry smiled.

"Well, it fits you." Zayn said.

"What, being the girl?" Harry smiled.