03

The auditorium was big, and dark with walls the color of red wine.

Zayn always felt like he'd been eaten  when he was in here.

"Hi, are you here for the auditions?" A boy asked quickly as he rushed up to Zayn, gripping a clipboard.

"Um, yeah did your uncle-"

"Good! I was so worried nobody would show up. My name is Leeroy. Nice to meet you cheekbones." He smiled.

"And yes, my uncle mentioned you. I'm riding you home right?" Leeroy winked, making Zayn blush.

"I'm kidding! I can already tell you need to loosen up. What part are you here to audition for?" Leeroy asked.

Good Lord he was flamboyant.

"Uh, well actually I don't know anything about the play. I just want a small part." Zayn said, sliding his hands into his pockets.

"Maybe I could be an extra?"

"With this face? Honey no, you need to be center stage. Why don't you be Matthew?"

"Who the hell is that?" Zayn asked.

"He's the main character. He kills himself in the end because he and his lover are disowned and bullied after they come out." Leeroy explained.

"Is there any way I could kill myself sooner?" Zayn asked.

"You mean your character." Leeroy said, staring at him.

"Sure." Zayn said, staring right back.

"No." Leeroy said sternly, clicking his pen and writing something down.

"I-I can't be Matthew-"

"Yes you can, I think you're perfect for the role. Now we just need like seven other characters and extras." Leeroy said, sounding out of breath.

He began to pace, stopping and looking towards the door when it opened and two girls came in.

"Whatever parts you want they're yours!" Leeroy yelled.

"Seriously?" One of the girls asked.

"Yes, I'm desperate. Come down here and tell me who you are."

Zayn sighed, walking away and going over to take a seat on the edge of the stage.

He watched Leeroy sign the girls up and give them scripts, raising his eyebrows when three boys came into the auditorium.

"Yes! Yes come in, all of you are so wonderful!" Leeroy cheered.

Zayn rolled his eyes, leaning his head back and looking at the ceiling.

After the boys were given their scripts, two or three more people drifted in and were given parts.

"We almost have enough, this is such a dream. We could make it work from this!" Leeroy said happily. 

But then, the auditorium doors were dramatically pushed open, banging against the walls and catching everyone's attention.

"I'm here to audition for the part of Matthew." None other than Harry Styles announced before be strutted in.

Zayn's heart started pounding, and he really wanted to go home.

"M-Matthew? I'm sorry, we already have a Matthew. Would you like to be Cameron?" Leeroy asked.

"Wait a minute, who got Matthew?" Harry asked, hands on his hips now.

Leeroy, along with everyone else turned to look at Zayn.