21

Peggy arrived at work early the next morning. As soon as she walked through the prison doors she made a beeline for the staff quarters, Seabury to be more exact. When she saw him seated rather stiffly on the couch with his head buried in his phone she sighed with relief, making her way over and sitting beside him.

"Sam," she muttered, catching his attention.
"Wha- Vice Gov- Peggy," he jolted, turning his phone off and leaving it face down on his leg.
"Are you okay?" She asked with genuine worry filling her eyes. Seabury nodded firmly and gave her a small smile.
"I'm fine, really, just remember what I said last night." Seabury muttered, patting her knee before standing up and walking towards the staff lockers. He was almost there when a government security team began filtering into the room.

Seabury glanced around nervously, Peggy shooting up from her seat on the couch with her hands balled into tight fists. ((Or Tigfgvfhg))
"What are they doing here?" She exclaimed, gesturing towards the men parading around the room in all black with fancy government badges pinned to their breast pockets, dogs trained to sniff out illicit substances darting ahead excitedly. "As Vice Governor I should at least be alerted before a drug raid!"
"Why? Do you have something to hide Miss Schuyler?" Jefferson snickered, making his way into the room.
"What? Of course not! None of our staff does! If anyone it's y-" she began to say before Jefferson shot her a look that basically screamed 'I fucking dare you'. She bit the inside of her cheek, brows still furrowed angrily.

"Alright, so why'd you call the raid then huh?" Peggy asked suspiciously, popping her hip and resting her hand on it. Jefferson straightened up with a sinister grin.
"I have reason to believe contraband is being distributed among inmates, sourced by one of our staff members." He replied smoothly, making eye contact with at least 6 different officers who all shared the same worried expression.
"Well we all know that's bullshi-" Peggy began to scoff before Seabury's hand rest on her shoulder. She flinched and turned backwards to face him, following his train of sight to the staff lockers.

One dog was growling at the lockers, one paw clawing at it persistently. A government officer gave the dog a treat and lifted it out of the way while another identified the locker owner.
"Margarita Schuyler, can you please come and unlock your locker," the officer requested. She advanced forward calmly. Peggy knew she was in the clear, unless someone had planted drugs in her locker.

She opened it and her possessions were removed from the locker and shaken through thoroughly, until the officers were confident she was drug free. The dog was put back down and it began scraping at Peggy's locker again.

"The one above?" One officer suggested. They removed the dog once more and read out the name.
"Samuel Seabury, can you please come and unlock your locker," the officer asked in a monotone voice. Peggy's eyes widened to the size of saucers as Seabury gulped nervously, advancing forward to his locker and beginning to twist the code on it. As soon as the locker was opened he was pushed out of the way and two officers began shovelling through his possessions.

They're not going to find anything, not Seabury. He wouldn't- SLAP. Peggy's train of thought was frozen when a plastic bag filled with chopped marijuana was thrown to the floor out of Seabury's locker, followed by numerous other, smaller, bags that looked to be for distribution. Seabury's face fell and he stumbled backwards, leaning on the lockers for support.

"N-no, that's not mine, this has been staged! I'm being framed!" Seabury shouted as he was pushed up against the lockers and cuffed.
"You have the right to remain silent Seabury," Jefferson ordered with a smug look on his face.

"Sam..." Peggy muttered, reaching out a hand towards him, but pulling it back when he shot her a helpless frown.
"I knew it, I knew something was going on," Jefferson sighed to nobody in particular, crossing his arms. "But the head of correctional officers? Whaaaat?" He shook his head, biting his lip to keep himself from smirking. Peggy glared at him with eyes of fire and he shut up, squinting at her in return.

Innocent (Lams prison au)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें