Chapter 2

Kian and his friends laugh and walk along the strip of stores and little shops. Dream catchers and strings and feathers blow in the calm breeze as we pass by and the endless colors are welcoming. Emilee clings to Daniel the whole time and they stop and catch up with us as she pulls him aside to look at things in the windows. The other two talk among themselves as they go through pictures on a camera. As for us, while we walk, Kian makes small talk with me.

His hair is long, sandy blonde and wavy and he has it pulled back in a tiny rubber band. Surfer is basically written on his forehead in big bold letters. He wears a rip curl tank top and a pair of fox board shorts. He has dark hazel eyes that beg to be stared at and his smile could kill. His teeth are perfect, straight, and white. Around his neck is a small pebble tied with wire attached to a black chord. He gives off a very Keanu Reeves in Point Break vibe. He is lucky though, since that is my favorite movie and a young Keanu Reeves just happens to be the love of my life. Though he really looks nothing like Keanu I wouldn't mind a little taste.

We walk out of the towny area and into another neighborhood where the houses are spaced out and separated by trees and lawns that stretch green and beautiful. The houses are all built completely different. Some look modern, and some look like were built in the 90's. They turn down the driveway of a house with a for sale sign and Emilee hops over the gate into the backyard and unhinges the lock.

"Hope you're not afraid of a little fun." Kian says.

"Never." I follow him into the yard and Emilee works her magic again opening the gate onto the beach. She lets everyone through and closes it when we leave. In front of us in the middle of the water is a large rock sticking up just blocking out the sun as it begins its' decent toward the ocean. Emilee is the first in the water as leaves a trail of clothes behind her making a big splash in just her underwear. Daniel follows her out and Eli and Josh do the same. Daniel splashes Emilee and then pulls her into a kiss before she throws her weight back making them both go into an oncoming wave.

"How long have they been together, their a cute couple?"

"Em and Daniel? Oh no they're just fuck buddies." Kian says.

I laugh and nudge him with my shoulder.

"No I'm serious. They like each other, but they're both too stubborn to ask the other out so they really only have sex."

"Okay I did not need to know that."

He shrugs. "You asked."

"Right."

We both get quiet and I rock back and forth on my feet.

"Are you losers coming in or what?" Emilee yells from the water.

"Come on." Kian says with a laugh as he takes my hand and pulls me toward the water.

He pulls me down into the cold and the waves slowly creep up my stomach in small swells. Kian ventures forward to Daniel and Eli who are climbing up the rock. Emilee stands on the top of it and the sun shines around her leaving nothing, but a very nice shapely silhouette. Kian glistens from the water droplets on his body and as I reach him he turns and offers a hand. When I take it I imagine a scene from a movie when the girl gingerly takes the boys hand not knowing she is taking hold of an amazing future. He smiles down at me with those beautiful hazel eyes and I can't help, but smile back as he grips my hand to pull me up. I grab the edge of the rock and pull myself to his level.

"Looks like you really don't need help." He laughs.

"Nope. But you do." I put my hand on his chest and push him back and he laughs as he falls back into the blue water below. He comes up with a smirk.

"Oh you're in for it now." He grabs onto the rock and I hurry up to the top and move to the opposite end just as Kian's hand pokes over the top.

Daniel pushes Emilee off the rock and jumps off after her. Eli runs off the edge and does a front flip into the water. Josh screams from the bottom that he caught the best picture of Eli.

"Come here you!" Kian moves toward me and reaches his arms out to grab me.

"Catch me if you can." I run to jump off the rock, but he catches me and pulls me back.

"Caught ya." He laughs and I scream as he pokes my sides. "Now off ya go!" He tosses me down and the crisp parts of the air catch me before I plunge into the water below. When I come up I hear Kian yell something and then a giant splash next to me ruptures my vision and I laugh and wipe my face.

"Check out this picture!" Josh comes over to me and holds up the camera. On the screen is a picture of Eli doing his front flip. He is curled perfectly and you can see that it's him, but the sun cast small rays around him and water flies off of him in all directions creating a spiral around him.

"Damn. That's a great camera." I take it and look at the picture closer amazed.

"Better be. It was eighteen hundred dollars and my left kidney. That's not including the lens."

They all climb up the rock again and when I meet them they are all laying out in the last of the sun and Josh snaps pictures back and forth. I sit in between Kian and Emilee and they laugh and talk about some bank fund to travel. Once the sun is almost completely under the horizon they all stand and jump down to head back to the shore.

"We're all going down to my house for a bit; wanna come with?" Emilee asks me as she pulls her shirt over her head.

"I'd love to, but I gotta get back. It's getting late and it's still like my first day here so I'm sure my mom wants me home."

"Well, alright. Maybe next time."

"Yeah definitely. Thank you so much by the way. Today was amazing."

I turn to start back toward the empty house, but Kian takes my hand.

"Text me okay?"

"I don't have your number."

He starts to talk again, but my phone rings in my pocket.

"I'm sorry. It's my mom. I gotta go." I give him a small frown and answer as I run through the gates of the house.

"Hey Mom! I'm on my way I'm so sorry I met some people and then we went to the beach and I lost track of time. I'm so sorry." I hop on my board and start pushing through the street.

"Oh sweety! Where are you, we are in the car going to dinner."

"I'm in the town where all the shops are. There is a Surf Shop on the corner by... oh wait... I think I see you." My parents' white Altima stops next me and my dad rolls down the window.

"Hey there pretty lady need a ride?" He gives an awkward creeper smile.

"Oh my God shut up." I laugh and Luka moves over to let me get in next to him.

"What did you do all day?" My mom leans around the front seat and smiles at me.

"I met some kids my age and we went to the beach and went in the water for a while. It was fun we were there for a while and I lost track of time so that's why I wasn't back."

"Where is your swim suit?" Mom asks, "I didn't see you leave with one."

"Yeah, I know."

"I wish I could be mad at you, but your father and I already had a two year old by the time we were your age."

"I'm glad I don't. I can barely keep track of myself sometimes let alone another human."

My mom and dad share a look. I wish I could tell what they were thinking, but even if I can't I know they are thinking the same thing. The look they share is thoughtful. My mom has a sparkle in her eye and my dad smiles back at her as he reaches for her hand and pulls it to his lips to kiss her. They smile at each other again before my dad looks back at the road. I wish badly for that love. The love they share is extraordinary. Even after they argue they are back to lovey dovey the next morning. Even if its the only thing I get out of life; I want a love like theirs.

~~~

Here is the next update for the new edited version of my story. I hope you enjoy it and if you do give it a vote and let me know how you feel in the comments. Love ya!

XOXO S. Reiter