He chuckled and shook his head.

"You flatter me, I was merely defending your honor," he reasoned, "I could see why he liked you so. You never fail to light up the dark places around me."

His words caught you off guard, and you were searching for an answer.

What did he mean by that?

You glanced at his face and he was rosy, his eyes nostalgic and full of light.

Before you could answer he quickly cut in, noticing you were at a loss for words

"Speaking of suitors, I suspect you must have many," he observed nervously, almost looking worried.

"Much to your shock, I'm sure," you said carefully, "I don't have any. I fear I'm past my prime. Battle scars don't look good on women I suppose," you said looking down.

He surprised you by stopping in his tracks, and lifting your chin up gently.

"Never mind battle scars, dear heart. Do you know what looks the best on women?" he asked seriously.

"What?" you muttered.

"Courage, and a willing heart," he answered, "will always be the most beautiful thing to wear. And by your scars, everyone knows that you are indeed that. The most beautiful shield maiden to ever walk this weary land. Your prime, will last forever to me."

Small tears had formed in your eyes, but you grinned and tucked a strand of sandy red hair behind his ear.

"You always looked like a poet, I thought. And you really have proved it," you responded.

With a smile, this time he took your hand and your walk continued. You talked and walked for hours that day, never getting bored or tired. As the day progressed, though, his tidal wave eyes betrayed a deepening sadness. By the end of the walk, the sun was being blocked out by rain clouds, and Meduseld was in view.

You finally had enough of that sad feeling despite his upbeat demeanor, and you asked: "Excuse me if I'm wrong, but why do you seem down? Have I upset you?"

He shook his head vigorously, and rain began to pour making you both run to the nearest tree for protection.

"No," he answered, "it's not you. It's me. I've had a rather grand time with you, and I'm reluctant to leave."

"Then don't," you told him, water dripping down your chin, "stay."

He shook his head sadly.

"I can't do that, though I would love too. I have too many responsibilities in Gondor. Though I do have an idea," he offered.

"What?" you asked, heart pounding.

"Come with me," he begged, "my life has been quite dull without you around, and I can't stand to be away from you. Any longer."

Your eyes welled up with tears and you laid your head on his chest, he wrapping his arms around you. In a moment you knew what you had to do.

"I'll follow you, wherever you will go Faramir. I know that you will keep me safe, and you will keep me close. And rain will make the flowers grow."

You pulled away to smile at him, and he grinned and picked you up, spinning you around. You squealed as he set you back down, the momentum bringing your faces just inches apart. His eyes stared into yours, water dripping off his eyelashes.

Before you knew what was happening, there you were, standing in the rain locked in a kiss that was long overdue. You did not care that you were soaking wet, nor did he. There was only the two of you, and that moment.

After separating, you both decided that you might want to run back to the palace before you caught cold. Halfway there he picked you up bridal style and ran through the front doors, much to your shock.

You were in a daze when he set you down, especially when multiple people jumped out and yelled: "Surprise!"

You laughed in excitement as tears once again welled in your eyes. They hadn't forgotten. They were all there: The Fellowship and your siblings.

As you all stood talking, Éowyn fetched you a blanket. She discreetly wrapped it around both you and Faramir's shoulders. The whole time, your hands never parted.

"You knew about this all along, didn't you?" you whispered to him later.

He chuckled and kissed the side of your head.

"Of course, whose idea do you think it was? How could anyone ever forget you?"
.........................................

So? I hope you liked it! I absolutely adore Faramir. Legolas request is up next. Chao, my friends!

 Chao, my friends!