Thorin

This is not connected to the little mini series I've been doing, this is just a little imagine I thought up. I know Mothers Day probably isn't a thing in Middle-Earth, but it is now!

"(Y/N/H)! Do you have the flowers?"
Dís yelled from across the hall.

"Yes! I'm coming!" You shouted back, pushing the heavy wheelbarrow full of lillies of the valley.

You panted and paused, wiping the sweat off your forehead. You and a handful of others had been working all day to set up for a Mothers Day banquet. Since there weren't many dwarf women, every year there was a celebration where the women were treated especially nice and waited on by the men.

Normally you would only help set up, but since you've married Thorin, you get the honor of hosting. The great hall of Erebor looked splendid in twinkling lights and tons of vases of flowers.

Just as you were about to continue pushing, you felt strong arms wrap around you, and warm breath on your ear.

"Hello, my enchanting wife. Let me get that for you," your husband said softly.

"Hello," you chuckled, "and of course, thank you very much," you said stepping out of the way.

You walked beside him, your arm looped around his, as he pushed the wheelbarrow, smiling. The two of you had only been married four months, but already you carried a secret. You were with child, you found out you were about a month along just three days ago. The only person you had told was Dís, Thorins sister, who had become your best friend. You really wanted to tell your husband, but you wanted to make it a big surprise.

Dís smiled as she saw the two of you approach.

"I see you got the old man to help. About time Thorin! Your poor wife needs more help than usual," she said with a wink to you.

He gave her a weird look, "What do you mean?"

"Nothing!" You intervened, "it's just because there's so much work that goes into this."

He looked at you skeptically, but smiled and laughed. "Whatever you say." He took your hand and gave it a soft kiss on the knuckles. "See you in a little while, my bride."

You blushed and smiled like the sun.

"See you later, my groom."

He smiled and bowed, turning to go help the men finish cooking. As soon as he was out of earshot, you turned to Dís.

"Dís! Don't do that, you know I want to surprise him."

She just laughed and continued arranging flowers.

"Well you better tell him sometime, he'll be overjoyed you know."

You smiled, agreeing. Before marriage, you and Thorin had talked about children. At first you assumed him the type that wouldn't be fond of children, but when you saw him with young dwarlings, he looked his happiest. Well, besides when he was looking at you.

"I will," you reassured her, "I will."

She nodded as you helped her.

"Thorin must really love you, which is easy to see why," she said out of nowhere.

You laughed at her statement. "Is that so?"

"Yes," she explained, "he has never ever showed affection in public before you came along, and he seems happier than I have seen him... in well, ever! I'm most proud to call you my sister-in-law, and friend."

You teared up at the unexpected praise.

"I thank you immeasurably, it means a lot to me."

Brushed her hands on her apron as she finished up. "Now I understand you're in a delicate state, but don't tear up on me yet."

You smiled, wiping under your eye. Just then, a voice rang through the hall.

"Ladies, please take your seats. We'll begin as soon as my beautiful wife comes over here," Thorin announced.

You blushed madly and moved forward with Dís as the other women and men hooted and clapped.

Once you were beside him, everyone quieted waiting for you to speak.

"Ladies, thank you for joining me today. It is important we celebrate mothers, and women in general," surprisingly there was a great round of enthusiastic applause, and even more surprisingly, was the kiss on your cheek from Thorin.

"Thank you!" you shouted to the crowd, "And thank you, husband." you added quietly.

"Now, lets give a round of applause to our men for serving us, and we'll begin!"

There was a great roar of it, and the men pulled out seats for their women. They served you all fantastic food, and were nothing but gentlemen.

After all was said and done, you and Thorin were walking back to your room.

Once inside, Thorin asked you to sit down because he had a present for you. Perplexed, you complied.

"Happy Mother's Day!" he said as he brought out a small square box wrapped in velvet purple. Upon opening it, you pulled out the most beautiful baby mobile.

It shone like silver and from it dangled miniature figurines of a family in various poses.

Tears pricked your eyes as you looked up at his smiling face.

"Do you like it?" he asked softly.

"Do I like it? Thorin, I love it! But I have one question: why?" you asked, wondering if Dís had told him.

He took your hand and sighed. "I know that we do not yet have a baby, but someday we will, and this present is for then."

You smiled ruefully, caressing his face as he knelt before you.

"Are you sure about that, husband?"

He looked confused for a moment. "What...?"

You saw the wheels turn in his head and as he got it, tears welled in his eyes.

"Are you serious (Y/N/H)? Are we going to have a baby?" he squeaked.

You smiled broadly.

"Yes."

His joyful laughter shook the walls, and he picked you up, spinning you in a circle.

Once he had set you down, you asked: "Are you happy my love?"

He pulled you close, his nose touching yours.

"Yes (Y/N/H), more than happy."
..........................
What did you think? I know it's late, but this was for Mothers Day. See you later!