And when Itachi had held his son in his arms just after he was born, he had smiled so tenderly and tears of joy had fallen from his eyes.

Itachi had said that he noticed a resemblance with his mother the minute he saw the baby. For the first few moments he had looked at the baby in his arms, he had recalled fond memories. He hoped that our son would grow up to be a kind, loving and understanding person just as he remembered his mother to be. And so, we decided to name him Makoto – a name that meant sincerity and was inspired from Itachi's mother's name Mikoto. He is now two and a half years old and Sasuke's most treasured person.

It wasn't very surprising to see Sasuke let his guard down completely in front of Makoto. He was very awkward for the first few months after he was born – he was small, delicate and Sasuke had no idea on how to react to the random giggles and gurgles he sent his way. But when he held him in his arms, he was so gentle and I could see the happiness and awe in his eyes.

He soon got extremely attached to him and took on most of his responsibility. He was very protective of Makoto and always made sure he was well within his sight even if it was inside the house. He made sure that he never got hurt by falling when he learnt how to stand and walk and refused to let anyone besides me, Itachi and himself carry him. He took care of brushing his teeth, giving him baths, dressing him and even combing his hair. He was really sloppy at that in the beginning but much to Itachi's and my surprise, he observed me when I took care of Makoto and soon became really good at it. And now, Makoto refused to have his clothes put on or his hair done by anyone besides his uncle.

I snapped out of my thoughts and stopped washing the dishes when I sensed Itachi's chakra behind me and his arms made their way around my waist. He wrapped one arm completely around my waist but let the other rest on the slight bump of my stomach.

"Welcome home, Itachi." I said with a smile and placed my hand over his. "How was your mission?"

"It was fine. We had no problems with delivering the scroll." He said giving a light kiss to my shoulder.

He pulled away so he could make me face him. I placed my hands on his chest and he linked his hands near my lower back holding me to himself. I adjusted his jounin vest and looked into his eyes with a blissful smile.

"I missed you." He said and nuzzled his face with mine.

"I missed you too....too bad I couldn't come along on the mission with you." I said and settled into his arms with my face in the crook of his neck.

"No, you shouldn't be going on missions at such a time. We don't want anything happening to the baby, right?"

I smiled as Itachi pulled away and got down on his knees so his face was at the level of my stomach. He unbuttoned few of the buttons of my long t-shirt and touched my slightly round belly with an affectionate smile. I was five months through with my second pregnancy and Itachi and Sasuke were just as excited about this as they were when I was pregnant with Makoto. We had told the doctor not to tell us the gender of the baby so we could be surprised when he or she was born. And that only added to our excitement.

My smile widened as Itachi leaned closer and kissed my stomach. It was ticklish and I giggled earning a smile from Itachi in return. He buttoned up my shirt and stood up again.

"You should freshen up. We have to leave soon." I said and Itachi cocked his head to side curiously.

"Leave? To where?"

"Don't tell me you forgot that Naruto and Hinata are getting married today. We can't miss the occasion....he's going to be the next Hokage after all and everyone has to attend the celebration." I said with a raised brow.