Chapter 1: The Beginning

Fifteen years had passed since Natasha had adopted Peter and most of them were challenging from potty training him and dealing with his preteen attitude were struggles and as well as training him to fight in case of emergencies(something that she hoped that would not happen to her son), but overall Natasha was glad that she had adopted Peter and would not want to change that at all.

Peter had grown up to be a young man with messy brown hair, hazel eyes, and a bit of an expert for taking pictures. Most people had seen this as a gift or talent that Peter had gained, while others mostly his bully Flash Thompson had mocked Peter for his talent. Unbenounced to Peter is that his talent would be the cause that had changed his life completely.

Today was the day that his life would change. Peter had sat at the kitchen table eating a bowl of lucky charms while scrolling through social media on his phone. He had stopped on a picture of the battle of new york in which his mother was a part of. The picture had shown the damage that was left behind from the battle and the many people holding signs that read "Never Forget" on them. Peter had remembered the battle so clearly due to his fear that his mother would not come back from it as he was forced to stay in their home, even though Natasha was a highly trained assassin who had also taught him how to defend himself, but still he was worried for his mother's safety, but was relieved when she had called him after the battle had finished and once she had returned home Peter had hugged her so tightly that she feared that he would gain attachment issues.

As Peter was looking at the image he heard a female voice speak behind him. "Morning kiddo. I see that people are still posting things from the "incident" from seven months ago". Peter turned around to see his mother standing there in regular civilian clothes rather than he usual attire. Peter had been so used to seeing her in her normal attire and he always found it odd that she would dress in civilian cloths(mostly when she was on missions that required her to go undercover or at parent teacher meetings). Natasha then spoke "You know today is your field trip to Oscorp right?" Peter looked at his mother before realizing that she was right. "Crap! I totally forgot about that, wait how do you know that today is the field..., wait don't tell me, You're not....?!". Natasha then gained a smile as she answered her son's question."Yup. I'm chaperoning your group today at Oscorp". Peter had a sour look on his face due to his mother going on his school field trip."Wipe that look off your face young man".

Peter loved his mother and all,but he would feel embarrassed if she was there to protect him from Flash. Peter then grabbed his empty bowl and placed it in the dishwasher as Natasha was waiting for him by the front door. Peter then looked at his mother with an expression that read please don't embarrass me. Natasha then smiled at her son and spoke as she ruffled Peter's hair. "Don't worry. I'll try to control myself and i'll also try not show off baby pictures of you in the bathtub". "Mom!" Peter yelled causing Natasha to laugh as they headed out the door and to the bus that was stopped outside the house.

The bus ride to Peter felt like ages, due to all the murmuring and whispering from the other students about his Mother joining them on their field trip. Peter had turned around once when he heard someone say that is mother is very attractive and Natasha turned as well in order to give the student a glare that had caused the student to sink down in his seat. Once the bus had stopped, Peter was the first get out off the bus with the teacher and Natasha being the second people off the bus, quickly followed by the rest of the class.

The class had began to enter the building in a giant mass, giving Flash the opportunity to mess with Peter while Natasha was behind them. Flash walked up to peter and spoke in his ear "Your mommy can't always protect you Romanoff. Like now!!", then he swiftly knocked Peter to the floor causing the rest to laugh as Natasha quickly hurried herself towards her son to help him up while giving Flash a scold that read "touch my son again and you're in trouble", but stopped when she saw a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes walk up to him and helped him up. Natasha of course knew that this girl in particular was the one Peter had a crush on due to her knowledge that he had offered to take a picture for the girl's science club.

As the girl was helping Peter up she noticed him blushing and quickly spoke "Are you okay, pete?". Peter blushed even harder as he answered the girl's question nervously. "Yup. Never better science president Gwen Stacy, i mean Gwen". Natasha let out a muffled laugh at her son's response. The girl known as Gwen gave a giggle as she started to walk back to her friends with Peter quickly walking back to the back of the group as the tour guide had arrived to start the tour.

During the tour peter had taken out his camera and started to take many pictures of the experiments and technologies that were being developed within Oscorp. Flash of course had to control himself from making fun of Peter due to his little stunt earlier that had caused Natasha to be more defensive of her son. The last stop on the tour was the spider experiments in which Peter looked at his mother before speaking to her "Think we might see a black widow spider, mom?". Natasha looked at her son before speaking proudly "We might, but why would you want to see a normal spider when you have an assassin named the black widow for a mother,peter". The mother and son both let out a chuckle as they followed the group to the spider experiments.The tour guide had looked at the group before speaking about the spiders. "Here at Oscorp industries we are using gene splicing technology to create new sub species of spiders. We are using arachnids from two groups possess varying strengths which help them in their constant search for food. For example, the delena spider, family sparassidae has the ability to jump to catch its prey. Here at Oscorp we are trying to create a spider that can help us revolutionize human life. These fifteen spiders are the key to the future". As the tour guide finished talking, Gwen walked up to the case holding the spiders and noticed something very off. She then turned around to the tour guide and spoke politely "Excuse me, but they are only fourteen spiders in the case. One's missing". The tour guide then walked up to the case and looked at it before realizing that Gwen was right. The tour guide then spoke. "Your right. One of the researchers must of taken a spider out in order to study it, anyway this concludes our tour, please feel free to look around for bit". Peter walked up to the case and started to take pictures of the spiders. As he was a taking pictures a spider had climbed down from it's web and crawled onto Peter's hand. The spider itself being the missing genetically altered spider.

The spider then proceed to bite peter causing the teen to shake it off and let out a gasp of pain. Peter then quickly proceed to grab his hand causing Natasha to see this action and worry about her child. She noticed that Peter had started to look kind of pale causing her to go into full 'protection mode' as Peter called it. Natasha quickly felt the boy's forehead and felt his temperature rise. She quickly looked at her son and spoke in concern motherly tone towards him. "Are you okay, honey?" She then placed the back of her hand on Peter's forehead" You're starting to burn up with fever. Do you want to go home? I just have to tell your teacher that you're not feeling so good". Peter nodded yes towards his mother's question as he started to feel a bit nauseous and warm. Natasha walked towards the teacher and spoke saying that Peter was feeling a bit sick and if it was okay for her to take him home early with many students wondering if he was just faking it.The teacher allowed Natasha to take Peter home due to his appearence of being sick. The two then exited Oscorp and hailed a cab that had took them back to their home. Natasha then paid the cab driver as Peter had started to enter the home and walk up the stairs to his bedroom. Peter quickly fell on his bed and let out a scream of pain causing Natasha to run up the stairs to Peter's room. Natasha quickly gained a concern look as she did not know what was happening with her son. "Peter! Peter, what's wrong honey?!". Peter continued to let out screams of pain as he started to see images flash before his very eyes.One of the images was of him and his mother training and of her carrying him as an infant, another was of him taking the photo for Gwen and blushing when she had thanked him, and the last one being of a plane crash a nightmare that peter has had ever since he had learned how to talk,but this time he had seen a man with eye patch and a elderly woman who was holding him as an infant as they watched the plane crash into ground.

Natasha was getting more worried for her child due to his screams of pain. She was about to pick Peter up and try to rush him to the hospital, but was shocked when Peter had jumped off of his bed and to her surprise had hanged from the ceiling like a spider. Natasha was in shock as she did not know what was happening to her only child and was staring at her son who was scared. Peter looked at his mother with great fear in his eyes. Only one question had escaped from his lips "Mom, What's happening to Me!?".
To Be Continued....

Author's notes.
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of son of black widow. Next time Peter and Natasha learn of how Peter's newfound powers came to be with the help of an avenger. Ti'll next time.