Chapter four: a new adventure

Sun set high in the sky. It's about noon, Natsu and the crew make way to there now repaired ship. Natsu leads the crew across the dock and to the board to go on the ship. He stops and turns to the crew, "Ladies and Gentleman, we will be setting sail in three hours. I expect none of you to be late!" He finishes while the crew cheers on. They all board the large ship, the sails were up, the deck was cleaned, kitchen was restocked, and of course the rum. Everything was in perfect condition. Each crew member went to their jobs and were scattered around the ship. Of course Natsu, the proud captain, stood on the quarter deck and looked out at his working crew. Natsu rested his arms on the railing on the ship and looked out to the open sea, thinking to himself about a certain blonde he wanted to see.

***

"Mother, I'm heading into town! I'll be back before three!" Lucy yelled to her mother. Layla rushed downstairs to the door to her daughter opening it. Lucy touches her lips and smiles before stepping out.

"Lucy, your fiancé will be here any moment. He will go with you." Layla said in a tone that was more harsh than needed. Lucy rolls her eyes, hoping her mother didn't see. "I shall wait for him then. On the steps." She says quickly and runs out the door and down the stair case. Lucy turns her head to see her mother watching her leave till her body slams into something. Butt flat on the ground, Lucy looks up and sees her one and only fiancé, Sting.

"Ah Lucy, are you alright?" He asks, handing out his hand. Lucy refuses it and stands up. "I'm fine. Thank you very much." She dusts off her pants and continues walking. Of course Sting follows after her.

"My love, what are you wearing? Where are you going??" He asks quickly. Lucy stops and looks down. She is wearing a black vest with orange lining, and white pants that she put inside her black boots.

"Well, you see Sting. I am wearing what you men wear. Pants." She says and walks off again. Lucy heads down the usual dirt path she goes on and walks into town with Sting close behind her. She stops in her tracks, "You don't need to follow me you know. I can take care of myself", Lucy says sternly. Sting jogs to her and stops in front of her.

"I can't let you go alone. It is said that Fairy Tail Pirates are here." He gives a mean look around. Lucy tilts her head. She did not know of these Fairy Tail pirates were here. She's heard crazy stories on how each member of them holds a magic power. They have said to the princess that the captain of the ship is a young man who is quite handsome. Other than the rumors, she's never heard of them being near the castle.

"Either way, I will be fine by myself. I don't need you to protect me if I can do it by myself", she glares at him and continues walking. Of course, the blonde followed right behind her. Not listening and making sure that she didn't get hurt.

***

They traveled along the streets till Lucy stopped, "So how do you know about these Fairy Tail pirates?" She asks Sting. He sighs and turns to her.

"I know of them because I've been hunting them down for months. I ended up destroying their boat in this harbor. So they have to be around here somewhere. I've met their captain. He has pink hair and goes by the name Salamander." Lucy just stared at Sting. Not know what to say.

Could he be talking about Natsu?

"Lucy, are you alright?" Sting asks.

"Yes. I'm alright." They take off and look for the usual little paint store.

They locate the store and buy three different colors. Pink, Yellow and Orange.
***

It was 2 o'clock, Lucy and Sting were wrapping up Lucy's shopping when she hears her name.

"Luce!" She turns and sees Natsu running her way. He runs up and hugs her. A sound of a sword coming out of its case can be heard from behind them. Lucy's eyes go wide and drops her belongings. They both let go and they turn to Sting.

"Get your hands off her, pirate." He threatens.

"Woah there killer. Who said I was a pirate?" Natsu tries to cover his identity.

"Bustard. You know who you are. The captain of the Fairy Tail pirates!" Sting yells. Lucy turns to Natsu.

"Is that true? Tell me!" She demands him.
Natsu looks down to the ground with his hair covering his face. He the looks at her. Gazing into her brown eyes.

"Yes. It's true. I'd rather die then hurt you, Lucy..." he grabs her hand and runs.

"Lucy!!" Sting yells after them. Natsu runs to a ally way and covers his hand over Lucy's mouth. Sting runs passed them with 10 guards behind him. The hand comes over Lucy's mouth and she turns to him.

"Why didn't you tell me? You do realize I'm the princess right?!" She asks panicking. He puts his head down and nods. She stands, "what was your goal huh?! I let a pirate put his lips on mine! Do you know how horrible that would be for people to find out?!" Natsu grabs her and pulls her into a hug. They say nothing. The world became silent around them. No sound traveled through their ears. Time has passed and they are sitting in the ally as it comes to 3 o'clock.

"I-I... I want you to go with me when we set sail..." Natsu says quietly.

Lucy sat there staring at Natsu. She open her mouth to speak but nothing came out. Her head fell. "Okay...but never lie to me again..."

"Huh? You're gunna go with me?! Even though you are the princess?"

"Yes I realize that we will be hunted down! But I'd rather be free and hunted down than locked up and not live my life how I want to live it!" Lucy says in determination. Natsu grabs Lucy princess style and runs out of the ally way. A few guards notice and start chasing after the two.

"Release the princess at once!" A guard yells after them. Natsu smirks and starts running backwards, "Haha! Over my dead body!" He then turns and continues running forward.
Sounds of armor hitting the ground can be heard behind them.

"Give me back Lucy!" A familiar blonde is behind the duo with his sword in his hand. Sting was close behind them. Natsu pulls out his sword, still holding Lucy, he throws the girl over his shoulder and quickly stops and turns to Sting.

"Who said she was yours pal?" Natsu says protectively.

"She's my fiancé! Now hand her over, or I'll have to kill you!" Sting hisses at him.

Natsu sets Lucy down behind him while Sting charges. The two clash swords. The sound of the swords echo around them. "Filthy pirate!" Sting yells and swings downwards. Natsu blocks the attack, "Such unkind words from a unkind man" he laughs. They continue to fight before a women in armor clashes between the two.

"Captain!" She yells and knocks the sword out of Stings hands.

"No time to talk, Erza!", Natsu quickly grabs Lucy and then both start running.

"Natsu! I can run on my own!" She shouts.

"Not now Lucy, we gotta go. Erza, is everything set to sail?" He asks the scarlet haired woman. She nods at him. They continue to run. Once they get on the harbor. Natsu speeds up and leaps onto the ship, Erza following close behind.

"Time to set sail!" Natsu yells with Lucy on his shoulder. He then walks away into a room and sets Lucy down on a bed.

"Welcome to my ship, Luce." He smiles and kisses her forehead. She smiles softly and brings him into a hug.

"Thank you"