Chapter one: Natsu

My name is Lucy and I'm the princess of Fiore. I live in a castle on the beach by the sea with my mother, Layla, and my father, Jude. Our castle is located in Magnolia. A busy town with many people who walk through the streets everyday. From shop to shop, everyone in this town is very friendly.

It's a bright sunny day and the weather is just right for a walk. "Mother, I'm going into town!" I yell going down the large stair case.

"Be back by 9!" She replied from the dinning room. Running to the door, I swung it open and leaped out. My feet hit the ground and I ran down the stairs. The dirt road that led into town had people who always say hello to me.
"Hello Princess!" The old man yells at me.

"Hello!" I say when I run up to him.

"Heading into town again?" He asks

"Yup! Going to pick up some paints" I say excitedly.

"Well be careful, there is a rumor that pirates have been going in and out of town lately" he said with warning.

"Thank you" I smiled at him and he handed me an apple.

"Must stay healthy, good luck in town!" He said and smiled.

I took off running once more. Feeling my adrenaline pump throughout my body.
When reaching the town, my run came to a walk and my face lit up with glee when I saw all the towns people waving and saying hello. Walking down the crowded street, my dress got tugged on by a little girl. She was crying, "What's wrong little girl?" I asked her. She continued crying till I held the apple out in front of her. "Did you lose someone?" Asking her another question, she nodded and I grabbed her hand. "Well, let's go look!" I say joyfully at her. Wondering around town, I heard a woman yell, "Asuka!!!" My head snapped around to find the voice. My eyes landed on a woman with long green hair running to us. The little girl yanked her hand away from me and ran to the woman. She jumped in the woman's arms and they both walked to me. "Thank you so much! I was looking all over for my daughter, what is your name?" She asks hugging her daughter.

"You must not be from around here. My name is Lucy, I'm the Princess of Fiore" I replied.

Her eyes widened, "I can't thank you enough but I must go" then she quickly hurried off towards a man with pink hair.

"Pink hair?" I question myself, but I shrugged it off and went looking for the paint shop. Skipping and my hair flowing, I reach the paint shop and buy the colors I need. "Thank you, have a wonderful day Miss Lucy!" The woman yells at me when I walk away.

***

When I got home, mother greeted me with a soft smile. I smile back at her, "Goodnight mother" and I walk to my room. The door behind me shuts and I light a candle in my room. I walk to the door that leads to the balcony. The night was cold and the wind was going through the strands of my blonde hair. Almost time isn't it? The words kept going through my head. I look out to the ocean and smile. I speed walk back into my room and shut the balcony door quietly. Then tiptoe out of my room door.

I look throughout the hallway to make sure no one is around. Walking quietly down the stairs and to the door outside. I slip on my flats and go outside without making a sound. I ran and ran, my body moving from the route that it does every night. Running to the beach and the ocean is something at I do every night. Didn't matter if I wanted to or not. There is only one reason why I come out to the beach at night. It's because when I was little, I was given the gift to become a mermaid every night till the morning. It all started when I was 6:

"Mommy! Mommy! Why can't I go outside?" I asked my mother while she read.

"Because it's dangerous. And not for children to go around in" she replied in a motherly tone.

"That's not fair!! You're not fair!! I hate you!" I yelled and ran to my bedroom.

I stayed there for some time. I fell asleep and woke up around midnight. My eyes still red from crying. Suddenly I heard a knock at my balcony door. I saw a purple light coming from the outside. I open the door and saw a small woman with blonde hair.

"Hello Princess Lucy, I am Mavis. I'm here to make your biggest dream come true!" She smiled at me and my eye widen with joy.

"A mermaid! A mermaid! I want to be free like a mermaid!" I said excitedly to Mavis.
A light surrounded me, and then it was gone.

"Now, Princess Lucy.. when the time comes I want you to come join Fai-"

"Lucy!" my mothers voice interrupts Mavis, the door opened and when I went to look back at Mavis. She was gone and my mother came through asking why the door was open.

After that, I never saw Mavis.

My eyes open and I find myself looking out at the sea. I sit down in the sand, "where did you go that day Mavis?" I say mumbling to myself.

As I look to the sky, a purple light goes around my legs and part of my torso. The light spins around my body for another second and disappears leaving a pink tail and a pink bra. I always feel like this reveals a lot but then again, this is what makes me feel free.

I make my way to the sea and the tides pull me in. The water felt cold against my dry skin. My body under the water makes me feel like I could just sit there and be free. My tail made my body move swiftly through the water. Moving past fish and other sea creatures.

Ripples of the water caught my attention. I stuck my head above water to see a ship on fire with another ship attacking it. My eyes widen and I swam to the ships. The ship attacking soon left after I got there but people on the other ship were jumping over board or stuck on the ship. I swam to the ship and jumped into the side. A pinked haired man was leading people to jump off to safety. Once everyone was off, he was the only one stuck. A huge pile of wood fell on his foot and he couldn't pull it out. With what I could do I used my magic, that I got when I got my tail, and moved the water to the deck. With the deck filled with water, i threw my self over and slid over to the man.

His eyes widen, "Keep quiet" I demanded and I released his foot. He saw that I couldn't get back to the water, which made him pick me up princess style and jump off with me into the water. In the water, he went up for air and I went up along with him. The rest of his crew were swimming to shore.

"Thank you" I heard him say. I looked over at him and he was smiling.

"Uh you're welcome, I must get going now.."

I tried to leave but then he stopped me, "hey wait!" He said a little loud, "I'm Natsu Dragneel, thank you for saving me. What's your name?" He asked me.

"Lucy, Lucy Heart-" I cut myself off and took off when I saw a red haired woman.

***

The sun was raising by the time I got home. When I sat in the sand, my pink tail turned back into legs and my dress reappeared also.
I got up and started back home. We were having a ball later that day and I needed sleep. Once home, I fell asleep thinking about that man.

Natsu Dragneel. Hope we meet again.