Chapter 14: Chunin Exams: Part 1

Start from the beginning

I pushed myself up and looked around at all the surprised and slightly frightened faces of ninja. I looked down at the girl, but couldn't meet her eyes.

"I'm gonna go on ahead." I said, keeping my eyes on the ground and tugging nervously at my bandage. "See you there."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kakashi's POV*

I put my book back into my weapons pouch as I saw Hibiki coming up to me. She kept nervously tugging at her bandage and didn't seem too happy or excited to see me.

"You're the only one who decided to participate in the exams?" I asked her. She stayed quiet. No, Sasuke wouldn't give up on revenge so easily... Would he? Only if he found out about Hibiki being an Uchiha. Yes, that's the only way he would ever give up. And even then, it would be a tough chance since he has been so enthusiastic about it.

"If you are I'm sorry to inform you, but-"

"They're coming soon enough," came her blunt response. I tilted my head towards her, finally getting a full glimpse of her masked face. She looked angry and sad at the same time. But she also had a look on her face I had only seen once. She looked concerned, scared, and confused.

Her eyebrows were inched together and a scowl lay on her masked face. What had happened? I took my book back out and was about to start reading again when she spoke up.

"I don't care about becoming a Chunin."

I looked away from the book and at her concerned face once again.

"I thought your dream was to become an ANBU. Almost all ANBU were Jounin before they join. And to become a Jounin you need to become a Chunin."

"It's not that," she sighed. "I lied because my real dream is stupid. And just what the name suggests; a dream."

"Any dream can become reality."

"Not when your me."

"And why is that?" I tried to recall anything from the interrogation about a real "dream" of Hibiki's. I do remember one thing though, there was one large section of her memory blocked off so no one but Hibiki could access it. Not even a great interrogator like Inoichi could succeed at unlocking that part of her mind.

"The circumstances..."

"Then what is this real dream of yours?"

She sighed. "Playing questions again are we? Whatever. What do I have to lose if I tell you?" She let go of her bandage mid-tug and looked up at me. "My dream was to become the greatest medical ninja in the Tsukino clan."

I was caught a bit off-guard at her dream. I thought it might be something like Sasuke's hunger for revenge, or maybe a hunger for power. Never would I have thought that Hibiki would want to be a medic ninja.

"Due to the kekkei genkai, Blood Style, that the Tsukino possess they are all great medic ninjas. Or, they supposed to be. They created the blood clone jutsu so they could treat more patents. They figured out how to put their chakra into blood so that they control it and easily keep a patient from bleeding out.

"But with such power comes hunger. People wanted the Tsukino power, so they were hunted. Originally from the Village Hidden in the Stars, they went into hiding. Many of the jutsu created to protect the clan were marked as forbidden; never to be used again. Like the million heart explosion jutsu I used in the Land of Waves."

All of this information was new to me. I knew the Tsukino were great medic ninja and that they possessed something others wanted, but other than that the Tsukino were a mystery. They had hidden themselves so well that it was at least two weeks until they were found. Every single one dead.